Senior Manager, Lending Services
See job description for details
- Demonstrable career progression
- Collaborative, high energy team environment
- Based in Melbourne
About The Role
This role is to support the Director in all facets of the job - client management, internal stakeholder management, and staff development. The role will also require management of one or more Assistant Managers. The role will also require identification of accounts that need to be exited and subsequent implementation of strategy, which will ensure exit with minimum cost to the bank. While the focus of the role is transactional at this level the internal job responsibilities are just as important, and you will be required to be a reference point on key accounts for external customers and internal stakeholders alike.
Lending Services is focused on:
- Continued reduction in the $value of the Bank’s impaired assets;
- Managing provisions within expectations such that there are no surprises;
- Minimising the reputational damage to ANZ of our work;
- Keeping stakeholders within the Bank adequately informed;
- Generating revenue for ANZ wherever possible;
- Improving efficiency.
- Ensure zero tolerance on compliance including overdue annual reviews.
- Building a shadow function that is highly respected bank wide and earns Lending Services the title of ‘Trusted Advisor’
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Demonstrable experience within Banking/Financial services industry with broad knowledge of banking products
- Proven experience in demonstrating sound credit judgement in significant transactions whilst in a senior Lending Services or Relationship role
- Strong credit and analytical skills
- Demonstrable experience in client facing experience developed negotiation and influencing skills
- Loan workout experience will be well regarded but not essential
ANZ is a leading regional bank with representation in 34 markets, focusing on core markets in Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. As we continue our journey to build our global business and support our customers, we’re committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We’ve made it our business to be an organisation where people strive, and are rewarded, for excellence.
At ANZ we aim to create a work environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We connect you to your world of opportunity.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
Watch our Global Stories to see how ANZ aims to meet the needs of our customers and to attract and retain the best people in a changing world ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK__FGv4dNU )
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers