- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Bluefin Resources
- 20 Aug 17
Senior Network Consultant
Senior Network Consultant
What are the key responsibilities and job tasks for this role?
- Minimising/eliminating risk to the customer's network and business
- Drive the implementation of projects. This can include supervision of other team members, basic project management and managing support considerations in addition to the technical components of the project.
- Provide leadership over multi-functional project teams delivering medium, complex technology solutions.
- Lead the technical delivery (install, configure and integrate) of customer solutions in line with functional and non-functional technical requirements based on expertise across one or more vendor technologies.
- Provide leadership and, mentoring to other Engineers and Technical staff to ensure development of capability within the company.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert across one or more vendor technologies, as required, supporting the development of customer solution architecture, design and implementation in consultation with the appropriate Architects.
- Act as the design authority in the production of Detailed Designs and As-Built documentation.
- Consult with clients and provide quotations for the design & implementation effort for new project proposals lodged by the customer.
- Manage vendor support interaction to achieve desired support outcomes. Liaise professionally and effectively with key customer stakeholders to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Anticipate, mitigate and solve any service disruptions due to implementation work
- Perform complex, specialised technical investigations to determine/confirm system and design standards and performance parameters for the networks, infrastructure, applications, products and services supplied and operated by the company
- Technical Documentation - Prepare process documentation to describe how networks, infrastructure, applications, products and services operate.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, to arrange and/or participate in acceptance testing of products and equipment, including but not limited to coordination of model & field trials, analysis of results, and verification of new products and platform enhancements.
- Prior consulting experience to either internal or external parties, external preferred
- Proven experience in client-facing roles
- Strong experience in solution design and deployment (hands on) within the network and security field
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to derive concise technical requirements from customer interactions
- Ability to think outside the box
- Contribution to developing strategy
- Engaging and influencing stakeholders
Typical certifications obtained by consultants at this grade include:
- Cisco CCIE, CCDE, CCIP, CCDP, CCNP
- Juniper JNCIS, JNCIA-FWV, JNCIA-IDP, JNCIA-SSL
- Aruba ACMP, ACCX
- Riverbed RCSP, RCSA
- F5 Roadmap Certs
- Blue Coat BCCPA, BCCPP
Any of the above would be advantageous.
If you are interested in the role, contact Philip Hayde on 03 8330 5016.