Analyst, AML Compliance, Sydney
Analyst, AML Compliance, SydneyWestern Union Careers: Work That Makes A Difference
At Western Union, you can build a career doing work that makes a difference! We are disrupting the cross-border money transfer industry by developing new technologies and partnerships. Watch our recruiting video to get introduced to WU, and visit westernunion.com/careers to learn more!
Opportunities for AML Compliance Analyst, Sydney
WU Business Solutions is a global payments network developing new technologies for the digital age. Today we help over 100,000 businesses around the world move more than $35 billion annually and we're just getting started.
We continue to grow and evolve as a world-class digital payments network. With the launch of WU Edge, we've expanded our digital offering to rival e-commerce businesses, startup payment services, banks and other FX providers. We're competing on all fronts.
Keeping money moving safely and conveniently has taken a great deal of time and effort over the last 20 years. Which is why Western Union devoting nearly 25 percent of its 10,000-person workforce to compliance and ensures its systems are constantly upgraded and checked.
In this role, you will assist the Australian and New Zealand Compliance team to carry out all tasks required to ensure compliance with our AML/CTF and Licensing obligations as well as company policies. You will be required to conduct due diligence/Know Your Customer (KYC) checks on new and existing clients and investigate client transactions and sanctions related cases amongst other responsibilities.
This would be a great opportunity for someone with a couple years' experience in a compliance role who's looking at expanding their career and joining a company that's at the forefront of compliance systems.
In this role you will:
- Conduct Due Diligence (KYC) checks on new clients and existing clients when required following an established.
- Ensure details of clients being set up on internal transactional systems are correct and reconcile with other verified information.
- Monitor, analyse, and investigate client transactions and where applicable report any unusual activity to the appropriate authorities.
- Monitor, analyse, and investigate sanctions related cases and where applicable escalate and follow through in seeking assistance from management and/or other compliance teams.
- Monitor, analyse, and investigate financial advice provided to clients.
- Work in conjunction with other members of the Compliance team in the development and
- administration of policies and procedures.
- Work in conjunction with other members of the Compliance team in the development and administration of compliance trainings.
- Assist with matters requested by Internal/External Auditors and Examiners.
- Assist in providing oversight of each functional unit's adherence to relevant internal Policies and Procedures.
- Carry out checks of operational systems data to ensure that all necessary client information in captured correctly in accordance to our reporting obligations.
- Advise Senior Manager, Compliance any identified non-compliance with AML or regulatory requirements.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes in Australia and New Zealand.
- Your degree in banking, commerce, business administration, accounting or auditing is desirable
- You have more than two years' previous experience working in a financial institution (bank; securities and/or investment; corporate foreign exchange); of which,
- At least one-year previous experience working in the compliance areas including an understanding of anti-money laundering legislation, Corporations Act and company policies; and/or,
- Exposure to risk management policies and processes as it relates to the business application of internal and external risk factors (operational, legal, reputation, market) impacting a business or corporate foreign exchange operation.
- You have the ability to interrelate with others including external relationships such as government agency and regulators.
- You have strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills;
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office Toolkit, Adobe, and Internet.
What we offer
An interesting multicultural working environment with the ability to collaborate and link across borders with sector and technical experts in all parts of our business supported by cutting edge technology and systems.
An attractive salary is on offer depending on skills and experience, along with a discretionary bonus benefit.
Growth and innovation are the story of our past, and they will define our future so if you are looking to be part of an exciting and innovative organization where your hard work can make a difference then please apply online - we're looking forward to speaking with you.