Credit Risk Management
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Jon Michel Executive Search
- 14 Sep 16
Specialist Finance Group - VP/AD Credit Risk - Growth opportunity
- Specialist Finance Group
- VP/AD Credit Risk
- Growth opportunity
The firm is a leading, independent provider of financing solutions, having financed billions of dollars’ of assets across a range of sectors and business sizes over many years. They support businesses expansion and initiatives through innovative finance solutions. As a result of significant growth, they are now looking to add to their Credit Risk team where you will be part of a team charged with strengthening the credit underwriting capability of the firm.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:-
• Analyse and assess credit submissions originated by the origination team
• Approve credit submissions within DLA and recommend those outside DLA for approval
• Where appropriate assist to restructure deals/mitigate risk to find the right risk/reward balance.
• Ensure the credit assessment capability of the business and be able to balance risk/reward in terms of policy, strategy and funding requirements.
Required skills, experience and competencies:
• Appropriate tertiary qualifications in finance and preferably post graduate qualifications.
• 5 years + in credit risk mgt covering commercial finance, asset finance and cashflow based transactions
• Track record in mature credit decision making and underwriting/approving deals
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to think outside the box to solve problems and consider relevant risk
• Ability to create and support effective relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
• Highly motivated, self-starter and strong team player.
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, verbal and written communication skills.
In the current market, this is a rare opportunity to join a financial firm truly committed to growth.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Patrick Everest on 02 9235 9440 or firstname.lastname@example.org