Director, Operational Excellence Trade Solutions, Sydney CBD
- Competitive package
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Commonwealth Bank Australia
- 27 Sep 16
The role will establish and review of all Incident Management Plans, including stakeholder socialisation and monitoring of effectiveness.
Director, Operational Excellence Trade Solutions
At CommBank, we never lose sight of the role we play in other people's financial wellbeing. Our focus is to help people and businesses move forward, to progress. To make the right financial decisions and achieve their dreams, targets and aspirations.
Each of us globally is dedicated to offering outstanding service, excellent advice and intuitive solutions to help our customers manage their finances in the ways they want to. Regardless of where you work within our organisation, your initiative, talent, ideas and energy all contribute to the impact that we can make with our work. Together we can achieve great things.
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group's relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services.
Cash-flow and Transaction Services (CTS) and is comprised of six areas, Commerce & Platforms, Transaction Banking Solutions, Cash Management & Payment Solutions, Global Trade & Supply Chain Finance, Chief Operating Office and Strategic Projects.
Global Trade Finance sits within CTS aims to be a trusted partner in meeting trade and supply chain finance needs of our domestic corporates and clients operating in key regional trading corridors and major commercial hubs.
The Trade Solutions team is responsible for the onboarding, implementation, servicing, operations and 'in-business' risk management of all Global Trade Finance client interactions.
Your impact & contribution:
The appointment of an external vendor as technology and outsourcing services provider has created the need for a considerable increase in risk assessment, monitoring and reporting, as well as clear management of operational testing and system releases.
This role is accountable for the coordination of the vendor test schedules, day-to-day identification and root cause analysis of risk, and the accurate reporting of vital management information.
- Establish and review of all Incident Management Plans, including stakeholder socialisation and monitoring of effectiveness
- Responsible for RiskInSite usage to ensure all incidents are logged by the accountable staff member, requiring socialisation, training and monitoring of all issues to make sure they are analysed and rectified in a timely manner.
- Establish, review and test all Business Continuity Plans (BCP) for all Trade Solutions functions and Vendor, including controls and effectiveness testing, and development in collaboration with Trade Product Management who have primary accountability.
- Establish a Management Information Reporting approach, including an Operational Risk Heat Map and Scorecards to analyse the performance of the Trade Solutions
- Establish, monitor and suggest tactics to improve KRIs: Staff Turnover, Operational Losses (Value), Near Misses (Value), High Risk Audit Items, Below Standard Audits, Number of Payment Errors (Value), Customer Complaints, Systems Downtime.
- Oversight of all SOPs to ensure they are current and reflect the controls and risk mitigation practices – managed in collaboration with Trade Product Management
- Day-to-day oversight and management of the Vendor operational performance
Your experience and qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to influence and drive a strategic agenda
- Extensive international experience in Trade Finance and/or Cash-flow related Banking
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong change management skills
- Strong ability to lead, coach and develop team members
- Ability to create and deliver compelling presentations
- Strong understanding of financial management principles.
The people, businesses and communities we serve are wonderfully diverse. To reflect this, we're committed to hiring a similarly diverse workforce. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career.
We value you and won't leave you hanging. Our advertising closes 6 October 2016 but expect to hear from us within a week of the closing date. Best of luck!