FICC Sales Assistant, Sydney
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 30 Sep 16
FICC Sales Assistant, Sydney
Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk-management products and services.
The company provides unmatched convenience in the United States, serving more than 59 million consumer and small business relationships with more than 6,100 retail banking offices, nearly 18,700 ATMs and award-winning online banking with nearly 29 million active users. Following the acquisition of Merrill Lynch on January 1, 2009, Bank of America is among the world's leading wealth management companies and is a global leader in corporate and investment banking and trading across a broad range of asset classes serving corporations, governments, institutions and individuals around the world.
Bank of America offers industry-leading support to more than 4 million small business owners through a suite of innovative, easy-to-use online products and services. The company serves clients in more than 150 countries. Bank of America Corporation stock is a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
The Aust FICC team provides pricing and execution during Sydney and London market hours across a range of products including Australian Government and Semi-Government bonds, AUD & NZD IRS & CCS and FX. The Sydney desk works closely with its global peers to offer a full suite of services to a variety of wholesale clients, such as Central Banks, Real-Money Funds and Hedge Funds, and other corporate clients.
The primary function of the role will be to book FX and Rates trades on behalf of the Australian FICC sales team. The successful candidate will require extensive knowledge on FX spot, forwards, swap and options (vanilla & exotics). The candidate will also have strong knowledge in both cash product and interest rate derivatives. The candidate will be competent on FX Connect/Treasury Centre, Bloomberg and MarkitWire.
- Trade bookings and trade related admin issues
- Assist with Onboarding and KYC refresh - liaise with clients and onboarding team
- Run daily reports - Option expiry, NDF expiry etc
- Assist sales management on revenue and budget reports and solve errors with Compass
- Take on ad hoc projects to improve daily routine and team efficiency
- Associate or VP level with a strong background in FX and rates trade input. The candidate must have a thorough understanding of rates and FX products
- Strong technical background in excel, VBA, Bloomberg, Reuters, FX connect/Treasury Centre, Markitwire and other relevant systems
- High quality numerical & analytical skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- A solid understanding of local and global fixed Income markets. High attention to detail on risk, pricing, client interaction, team interaction and the ability to work in high intensity environments.
Posting Date: 07/09/2016
Location: Sydney - Australia
Full / Part-time: Full time