Functional Architect - Market Operations
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 25 Sep 16
Functional Architect - Market Operations
The Operations, Finance & Risk (OFR) group within Macquarie Technology plays a key role in enabling the entrepreneurial enterprise by pursuing delivery excellence and architectural simplification. We deliver cost effective services to our clients leveraging quality platforms, innovative technology and cloud based solutions.
OFR has a role within our Market Operations Department (MOD), where the successful candidate will be responsible for building a holistic view and roadmap of the functions technology strategy, processes, and information technology roadmap.
The architect needs to partner with both business and technology groups to ensure that the proposed technical solutions not only align with the Macquarie's overall objectives, but also ensures that both groups enable and drive each other to meet the needs of the areas mission and vision.
About the role
- build the long-term strategic roadmap for all IT systems architecture within their assigned domain.
- align IT strategy and planning with the areas business goals and objectives
- seamlessly integrate business and service strategy into enterprise architecture roadmap
- partner with business and technology subject-matter experts to translate business requirements into technology solutions
- lead the evaluation and selection of emerging tools and techniques.
- contribute to the establishment and implementation of best practices for technology solutions
- mentor junior staff in the creation of application designs on multiple technology platforms.
- ability to "think big" and challenge conventional wisdom regarding technology refresh and development
- strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- demonstrated ability to build consensus amongst stakeholders
- comfortable with ambiguity and able to make principled judgement calls on new technology
- ability to establish, implement, and enforce appropriate IT standards to meet business requirements
- experience building enterprise architecture roadmaps
- experience designing, integrating, and managing complex infrastructure solutions; both in-house and vendor packages.
- experience in at least two areas across Cloud, BI, Workflow, Payments, Risk or Finance systems would be useful.
- comprehensive knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering
- relevant industry experience, particular around the Back Office functions within Investment Banking
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Sciences or equivalent
- Togaf or Zachman desirable
For more information, please apply through the link below or alternatively please get in touch with Phil James at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
COG Technology manages Macquarie's enterprise-wide platforms and provides business specific technology development for the businesses. Collaboration is core to how we operate in Technology: as a team we partner with the business to provide technology strategy and direction across the multiple disciplines comprising architecture, applications development, workplace technology, production management and infrastructure technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: 01 Aug 2016 Aus. Eastern Standard Time