General Manager, Operational Risk Management and Controls, IB&M, Sydney CBD
- Competitive package
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Commonwealth Bank Australia
- 25 Sep 16
The role will lead our operational risk strategy and obligations across the IB&M business.
General Manager, Operational Risk Management and Controls
Institutional Banking and Markets
Institutional Banking & Markets (IB&M) provide institutional clients with solutions across the debt to equity capital spectrum, payment systems, risk management and other banking services.
Our client centric purpose is to enhance our clients' success through market leading capabilities and unique insights. Our industry sector alignment, product capability, industry expertise and specialist skills are key points of differentiation to our global industry peers.
We aspire to help our businesses and customer prosper
The Line 1 Operational Risk team provides IB&M Product and Coverage teams with the visibility and tools to effectively manage and optimise their operational risk and control framework.
Vibrant leadership and strategy is what drives us forward
As General Manager Operational Risk Management & Controls, IB&M you will lead our operational risk strategy and obligations across the IB&M business. Success in this role will mean providing comprehensive and integrated operational risk management leadership working closely with our product and coverage teams as well as our co-located risk colleagues that sit within these business units.
More specifically, you'll:
- Develop operational the risk and control environment, and its efficacy in supporting strategic business outcomes
- Manage ongoing deployment of the Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF) within the business.
- Investigate on-Lending Loss management (including fraud and operational loss management)
- Lead Risk in Change Management and actively engage in all IB&M change management, communications and delivered Project Risk
- Drive diagnostic deep dives into the Product / Client risk and control environments
- Provide a supplier and vendor risk framework - including sourcing assessments
- Monitor reporting and target reporting and analysis, including Risk KRIs
- Oversee the financial Control environment and improvement for IB&M
- Collaborate with Product / Coverage co-located risk colleagues to achieve customer service excellence through coaching their team and role modelling best practice risk behaviours
To join us as we continue to enhance our risk culture and strategy you will need:
- Deep Knowledge of the financial services industry and technical skills and experience in Operational Risk management-related activities and functions.
- Demonstrated ability to decipher, analyse, and communicate written and verbal information and relate to a wide variety of audiences
- Strong inductive reasoning ability to assist in identifying trends amongst varied forms of information and integrating facts about the customer's business and the industry they operate within
- Leadership experience to manage a direct and indirect team
- Negotiation and Influencing Skills to find solutions that are in the best interest of both the customer and CBA and showing confidence when having difficult conversations with stakeholders
- Deep professional networks of relationships across the Group, including those in Risk Management and other Business Units.
- Advanced change management, project planning and training skills.
- Tertiary Qualifications – Hold a tertiary qualification in risk / finance / commerce, or a similar field.
The people, businesses and communities we serve are wonderfully diverse. To reflect this, we're committed to hiring a similarly diverse workforce. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career.
Have a question about your application, our process or what happens next? Click here for some of the most commonly asked questions about applying for a role at CommBank.
We value you and won't leave you hanging. Our advertising closes 6 October 2016 but expect to hear from us within a week of the closing date. Best of luck!