Internet of Things (IoT) - Director TMT and Financial Services
See job description for details• Do you want to help drive the 4th Industrial Revolution?
• Do you have a passion for the Internet of Things (IoT)
• Do you have deep sector expertise in TMT (especially Telco) and Financial Services?
• Would you like to join Australia's leading IoT consulting practice?
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
The Internet of Things (IoT) and its billions of connected devices will transform industries with an estimated $11+ trillion annual impact to the global economy by 2025. In that period, Australia has the opportunity to derive up to $116 billion in annual economic value.
KPMG is the only Big 4 consulting firm to have established a dedicated IoT Practice working with clients to help them take advantage of IoT across key vertical sectors such as Smart Cities connected transport and infrastructure, Smart Food & Fibre, and Smart Power & Utilities.
We are now seeking a Director to join the IoT team, with a particular focus on the TMT (especially telco) and Financial Services sectors.
Your new role
Market and business development
• Lead pre-sales activities, assessments and the delivery of solutions across key target markets in the TMT (especially telco) and financial services sectors
• Establish and maintain deal focused trusted relationships with clients and partners
• Business development, proposal writing and management
• Account planning, sales planning, pursuit management, sales leadership, client executive engagement, team mobilisation, deal solutioning and pricing, deal origination and management to close
• Contributing with other members of the team to drive business and extend relationships internally and externally
• Delivery oversight, team leadership, deliverable review, quality assurance, senior client engagement & stakeholder management, financial management, risk resolution
• Managing and delivering work streams within TMT and Financial Services programmes - from strategy through to supporting solution implementation
• Managing client deliverables and expectations, including drafting client reports and presentations as well as liaising with management, including developing and building on those relationships throughout the engagement
• Developing collaborative relationships with lead partners and their teams and communicate solutions and relevant positioning strategies for their clients effectively
Lead people, develop the practice
• Provide leadership, mentoring, coaching, recruiting, career management and team development to IoT Practice resources
• Provide support to the broader IoT Practice, as required
What you bring to the role
• A passion for IoT and understanding of the opportunity this presents to the TMT (especially telco) and financial services sectors
• Degree-qualified with post qualification experience ideally within a top tier consulting organisation
• Knowledge of the IoT market and ecosystem
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Self-motivated, who enjoys working in strong and collaborative team environment
What we offer you
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online
Advertised: 26 Jun 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 18 Aug 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time