Junior Developer - C++ and Python
Junior Developer - C++ and PythonJoin a team of enthusiastic and driven IT professionals who strive to deliver the highest quality and innovative technological solutions for Metals, Mining and Agriculture (MMA) business within the global Commodities and Financial Markets (CFM) group.
In this role and as part of the team, you will work with the MMA trading team in Sydney, and Macquarie Commodity trading team in Shanghai, where the business relies on in-house platforms to know trading positions, make prices and analyse risk profiles. Areas of focus include prices/trades capture, risk management, and product development. A strong aptitude for investment products or trading/risk platforms will set you apart, as well as the willingness to get involved across a range of technologies and disciplines.
The team employ a variety of technologies and solutions to enable the MMA business and also integrate with other downstream processes that need our data. Our strong geographically-dispersed team will offer you the opportunity to learn from senior experienced developers.
On a regular basis you will have the opportunity to enjoy various social and networking events. The working environment is amazing and across out three sites in Sydney you will not find a better workplace. Essentially it is an enterprise with all the perks of a digital agency!
If this sounds like your type of role then see below for what to expect and what we would love to see from you.
- you will develop high quality, low maintenance software solutions for our key trading and risk systems used by MMA business
- actively participate in the full software lifecycle including maintenance of existing code base, testing and problem resolution
- working with front and middle office partners you will translate business strategy into clear technical requirements/solutions
- adopt an innovative approach in identifying technical risks and mitigation strategies with automated and resiliency solutions
- build and maintain strong relationships with the business and other teams within IT across various global locations
Key Skill Requirements
- expertise in large-scale, hands-on C++ and Python development, ideally within a UNIX environment
- previous experience delivering creative technical solutions in a pressurised environment
- ability to provide analysis on complex problems and present findings in a cohesive and easy to understand manner
- ability to communicate problems and solutions effectively with both business and technical colleagues (written and verbal)
- a strong desire and self-starter attitude for technical excellence
- rreat teammate with strong interpersonal skills
Not Mandatory but Highly Regarded
- practical knowledge of derivatives, risk management and pricing
- experience working with globally distributed development teams
- mandarin speaking background would be a plus to liaise with business clients in Shanghai Office
For more information regarding this amazing opportunity please get in touch with Shaun O'Neill at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively apply online now!
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: 22 Nov 2016 AUS Eastern Daylight Time