Operational Risk Manager
Operational Risk Manager
- Primary Location: Australia,New South Wales,Sydney
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 16047933
As part of one of the world's largest financial services companies with a presence in more than 100 countries, Citi Australia has provided financial services to Australian consumers, corporates, institutions and governments for more than 30 years. Recognised for its innovative range of global products and services, Citi today counts more than one million Australians and one thousand local corporate and institutional clients as valued customers.
Citi's Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) function is tasked to proactively assist the business and other independent control groups in enhancing the effectiveness of controls and managing operational risks across products, business lines and regions.
An Operational Risk Manager role has become available to assist with the core activities performed by the ERM team in Australia. The role will cover all elements of the Australia and New Zealand Franchise focussing primarily on the Institutional Clients Group, and Shared Service Functions and Franchise reporting.
The role requires a high level of interaction with ERM business partners and a flexible approach to performing activities as required to meet the business objectives. The successful candidate will grasp new concepts quickly, have the ability to analyse data and link themes, and work independently but in partnership with management and staff.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Extensive experience in Banking with direct experience in a Control and/or Audit /Risk management role
- Knowledge and experience in Investment Banking and Financial Services, including end to end product transaction flow, including associated risks and controls
- Working understanding of risk framework definition and operation (e.g. Operational Risk Management Framework, Controls Self- Assessment, COSO ERM
- Working knowledge of accounting principles
- Experience in working pro-actively and autonomously whilst serving multiple internal key business partners and stakeholders
- Exposure across a range of Financial Markets businesses, products and processes (e.g. Retail Banking, Corporate and Investment Banking, Securities and Fixed Income Sales and Trading, Insurance and Wealth Management)