Risk Compliance Manager - Retail Life Advice
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Oceans Group
- 08 Sep 16
The Retail Product team of this Financial Services Leader is responsible for executing on the firm's desired product strategy which includes day-to-day product management, product compliance activity, initiating new product development and delivering changes as per the product development life cycle. The team is fast-paced and idea driven as it looks to continue to keep its position as a respected market leader in the space.
The role would be a good fit for a risk / compliance specialist who is looking to widen their career prospects and day-to-day interactions to be more involved and now sit within the Product function.
As the Product Manager - Risk / Compliance for the Retail Advice Product team, you will lead compliance items allocated to or owned by the Retail Product team. You will be accountable for the end-to-end ownership of compliance issues, representing the Retail Product team in relevant discussions/forums, and drive compliance requirements within the team (e.g. audits).
- Compliance - undertake any compliance activity (including alignment with legislative change, compliance breach rectifications, due diligence processes, etc.) as required to maintain product compliance.
- Stakeholder management - presentation of project purpose, progress and outcomes to a wide range of stakeholders. Stakeholders include (but are not limited to): distribution, operations, underwriting & claims teams, pricing and finance.
- Product initiatives and projects - leading Product driven projects and initiatives, especially those focussed on compliance. Product lead work includes presentation of project purpose, progress and outcomes to a wide range of stakeholders (As above).
In order to be successful in this role you will possess proven/demonstrated experience in a risk and compliance environment, and bring a strong background in an insurance-related environment.
You will be flexible in your approach and be able to assist with product enquiries, due diligence work, managing compliance incidents, forms updates, productivity initiatives and other team support as required.
You will be experienced in presenting concepts to a wide variety of stakeholders. You will be a self- starter, with superior time management skills, who plans according to the task at hand, confidently driving change successfully across the Retail Advice business.
Key abilities required:
- Strong communication skills, highly self-motivated with strong relationship management abilities in being able to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders, from more junior staff through to Executive Management level on a daily basis.
- Be able to help foster a strong collaborative environment, supporting team members and junior staff members in other teams (e.g. Operations) through coaching and development when required.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications across Business or related discipline and prior experience in Risk / Compliance roles, ideally in a Retail Life environment (Financial Planning / Advice backgrounds are of real interest).
If this role sounds like the perfect blend of your Risk / Compliance focus in the Retail Life insurance space with the chance to work with a very talented and progressive Product team, then please apply on line now or for a confidential discussion, please call Shane Watson on (02) 9873 0010.