- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Bluefin Resources
- 20 Sep 17
My client is a fast growing global financial exchange company based in the CBD.
Due to exceptional performance and they growth they are looking to expand their IT team and bring on an experienced Security Engineer to join the team with the purpose of looking after the business security function as well as all the technical aspects of Security.
This role would suit a Security Expert with who can bring knowledge and expertise with a number of security systems.
This is a permanent position and my client is seeking someone to come on board long term and grow with the business. The team is set to expand again next year so this is your chance to go into a managment position if interested.
You will be working with the IT team as well as business stakeholders and you will be responsible for assessing the current security and implementing end to end security procedures for the wider business as well as the ongoing maintenance of the company's security.
Skills and requirement:
- Experience with the daily monitoring, support and operations of the company's security.
- Ensuring appropriate vulnerability assessment, scanning and monitoring is in place.
- Strong documentation skills and relaying any security risks to stakeholders e.g. management.
- Review, define and complete security relevant security standards, policy and procedures.
- Stakeholder/Vendor management skills.
- Experience of working in a highly confidential environment and projects.
- Work extra hours when required to have phone calls with the London office (the time can be made up with a late start/early finish).
- Experience working independently and with limited supervision.
- Experience working in high pressure environments.
- Windows and Linux experience.
- Baseline/Hardening skills.
- Experience working in the banking and finance industry.
- Experience working with a global team.
- Strong communication skills.
- IPS & Firewalls.
- Managing AV, VPN, DLP, Log management
If you are interested please apply with an up to date CV and Kat will be in touch with shortlised candidates.