- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 21 Aug 17
Tax Manager, Banking and Financial Services - Sydney
Tax Manager, Banking and Financial Services - SydneyAn opportunity has arisen within a team that provides taxation advice to a range of business units within the Banking and Financial Services (BFS) division of Macquarie Group, as well as providing guidance to external advisers on a range of taxation matters. The team has a strong reputation as a leader and innovator in its area of expertise.
If you are a tax professional looking to further build your career within financial services, this role provides you with the chance to take your technical knowledge and practically apply it in a variety of tax related challenges for the BFS business.
Reporting directly to the Taxation Information Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that BFS products are compliant with current taxation legislation;
- Monitoring any legislative developments and subsequently influencing how these are to be adopted within BFS;
- Providing taxation advice to business units and identifying practical approaches to the implementation of tax laws;
- Project and stakeholder management in implementing tax related changes
- Communicating taxation developments to internal and external stakeholders;
- Liaising with the ATO and other third parties, as required;
- Identifying improvements on existing tax practises and processes;
- Providing guidance to financial advisers in relation to non-super tax issues; and
- Providing training and support to internal stakeholders regarding technical tax concepts;
Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
- 3 or more years of corporate tax or financial services tax experience;
- Tertiary qualifications in areas such as accounting/commerce, business, finance or law
- Completed (or nearly completed) the CA, CPA or similar program
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- A demonstrated interest in finance, investment and superannuation
- Attention to detail and the ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- The ability to work unsupervised and be self-motivated
This role would suit a candidate looking for their first move from a Big 4 or other large accounting firm.
Banking and Financial Services Group comprises Macquarie's retail banking and financial services businesses, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management and business banking products and services to retail customers, advisers, brokers and business clients.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at http://www.macquarie.com/careers .
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility is available.
Advertised: 11 Aug 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time