Technical Training Consultant - Financial Markets
- Competitive Salary and performance based rewards
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Sep 16
We're seeking a subject matter expert in Financial Markets with the associated accreditation and compliance combined with exceptional stakeholder skills and the ability to deliver strategic outcomes in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Technical Training Consultant – Financial Markets
- Fast paced and challenging role working alongside key stakeholders
- Sydney Dealing room based
Are you a subject matter expert on Financial Markets with the associated accreditation and compliance? Do you have exceptional stakeholder engagement and the ability to deliver strategic outcomes in a dynamic and challenging environment? Then we want to talk to you!!!
NAB's Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities (FICC) team utilizes its Sales, Trading and Research capabilities to support local and global customers across traded markets including fixed income, money markets, credit, derivatives, currencies and commodities.
Based in our Sydney dealing room and reporting to the Head of Client Services, the Senior Consultant Technical Training is accountable for the development, management and oversight of the Markets Technical Training Curriculum and Framework for staff globally within Markets.
You will work closely with stakeholders both locally and globally to ensure the Training Strategy and Role Based Training Plans are up-to-date and reflective of the current operational and regulatory environment. Further to this you'll ensure the Training Program is managed and executed according to the Markets Learning Framework and the license obligations
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Management and oversight of Accreditation requirements for Markets staff.
- Maintenance, scheduling and Delivery of Markets Induction program.
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders (including training vendors) in order to understanding needs and perceptions to determine the appropriate learning strategies.
- Promote business engagement and awareness to the Learning Curriculum.
- Strategy & Planning –
- Identify learning gaps in conjunction with the relevant Business Unit heads
- Developing & executing the Learning Strategy and Role Based Learning Plans
- Planning and estimating resources required for executing the Training budget.
- Design, develop and schedule a Markets Training Calendar of events that covers risk, regulatory and technical content that is 'fit for purpose' for the Markets population.
- Engaging with relevant stakeholders to identify and coordinate any performance and support requirements (e.g. reference materials, portals, instructional documents etc).
- Overseeing the Technical Training coordinator to ensure logistics, scheduling and training records are effectively managed and source systems such as SAP are maintained.
To be considered you'll;
- Have (7-10 yrs) work experience with exposure to Financial Markets products from an operational, accounting or risk management perspective.
- Be an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal and financial analysis skills
- Be degree qualified in a financial discipline
- Demonstrate critical thinking, problem-solving, and multi-tasking skills
- Have a proven ability to work under pressure, prioritise effectively, and work closely with and influence senior stakeholders across Products and Markets.
What we offer
This rewarding opportunity will give you exposure to a wide range of stakeholders at all levels of the business whilst being part of a team that is focussed, smart, hardworking and passionate about our shared vision to create the very best experience for our customers.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.
For full job details and to apply go to nab.com.au/careers