Banking Strategy Consultant
- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Sep 17
Banking Strategy Consultant
Banking Strategy Consultant
Devise and deliver solutions at the intersection of business and technology
At Accenture Strategy you'll be a trusted advisor to our clients, shaping and executing their business transformation agendas. You'll also help them navigate their critical problems and biggest strategic initiatives, including digital disruption, industry convergence, growth and innovation, global operating models, sustainable cost management, enterprise transformation and more.
As a Banking Strategy Consultant, you will s upport successful Strategy engagements that address our Financial Services clients' business challenges, delivering lasting and distinctive outcomes and value in disciplines such as:
o Corporate & Business Strategy
o Digital Strategy
o Mergers & Acquisitions
o Operating Model Strategy & Transformation
o Pricing & Profit Optimization
o Innovation & Growth
You will be responsible for:
• Helping to solve complex business challenges at our clients, bringing structure and rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques; acting and taking decisions with considerable autonomy
• Establishing and maintaining trusted client relationships (ideally with the C-Suite) by remaining highly attuned to client needs and styles
• Contributing to business development activities including opportunity identification/qualification, proposal development/presentation
• Contributing to developing the Accenture Business Strategy practice and building Strategy offerings, assets and capabilities
• Assisting in market development activities to develop relevant thought leadership
• Being an active member of high performing multidisciplinary Strategy teams, learning from and supporting other team members and leadership
• Delivering a variety of tasks relating to our Strategy engagements showing a willingness to learn and a curiosity to develop rapidly
You will be mainly based in Brussels or Luxembourg, but eager to also work and collaborate internationally.
You are self-motivated, with a 'can-do' attitude, and prepared to analyze, structure and solve complex problems. Subsequently you have the ability to present and discuss these topics within your team and in front of the client. In addition, you are eager to follow a continuous and steep learning curve. You are able to build a strategic vision and value agenda within your Strategy domain and/or industry focus.
• Completed university Master's degree
• MBA or postgraduate degree preferable but not mandatory
• 3-4 years of Strategy experience in a consulting firm or through an 'in-house' consulting/business development role (e.g. Group Strategy, Group Corporate Development)
• Familiarity with recognized Strategy frameworks and techniques; experience of research, quantitative analysis, structured problem solving and executive communication techniques
• Industry expertise: Financial Services expertise is a key asset
o A high-level understanding of how the Financial Services industry operates (e.g. products, players, business models, operating models)
o Some awareness of global banking trends and prevailing investment themes and challenges
• Experience of interacting with Executives/Senior Executives of leading organizations
• Experience participating in teams delivering complex Strategy/consulting engagements
• Effective communication in Dutch, French and English
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
At Accenture Strategy y ou'll work with industry leading clients, helping to define and deliver state-of-the-art solutions for strategic C-Suite issues. Our global network of experts will support you in building a solid network and expanding your knowledge and experience. Intense teamwork, combined with continuous training will bring your professional and personal skills to the next level and provide unparalleled opportunities for you to grow and advance in your career.
Our collaborative and inclusive working environment builds on the strengths and added value of each person. We help you to find the right balance through flexible working using the latest collaboration technologies and mobility solutions.
You will chart a sustainable career journey guided by your personal Career Counselor. This will enable you to continuously grow as a professional and individual through a tailored growth path.
As a valued member of our Accenture family, your sense of belonging will be nurtured through a diverse program of initiatives and community networking events that recognize your achievements. Our Sports, Corporate Citizenship, Leadership, Inclusion & Diversity programs and our annual Innovation Challenge provide additional fun and inspiring ways to engage with colleagues and society.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions-underpinned by the world's largest delivery network-Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With more than 411,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .