KBC Cyber Risk Specialist
What does this function mean?
KBC Group has recently established a new ‘Competence Centre Group Operational Risk’ within the directorate Group Risk.
This international team is responsible to help entities shape their risk practices, and to give reasonable assurance to top management that their operational risks are under control.
The Competence Centre Group Operational Risk consists of 3 departments:
• Frameworks and Reporting
• Information Risk Management
• Expert Support and Challenge
We are looking for a Risk Expert to join the “Information Risk Management” department. The job is located in Brussels or in Leuven.
Our mission is to enable, help and challenge all entities of the KBC Group in the way they handle their information security and ICT-related risks.
To strengthen the team were looking for colleagues who have a sound risk background, but are also eager to help other colleagues in the risk domain.
The job focusses primarily on Information Security, Cyber and IT risks, but also on related risk areas as Business Continuity, Vendor, 3rd party and cloud.
If you are fascinated by the risk universe, especially security, IT, cybercrime, cloud, etc … and if you are looking for a job were investigating and helping go hand in hand, then you are the new colleague we are looking for.
What do we expect from you?
What will be your main tasks:
• Plan & perform independent investigations to give reasonable assurance that the risks are under control.
• Act as a human 'risk' radar, facilitator & independent observer.
• Turn our international communities into active and strong alliances via several supporting initiatives. If necessary via on site coaching and support of the local teams.
• Define sound controls & practices to handle Risk on a day-to-day basis.
• Report frequently to the key stakeholders (Group ExCo, Group CRO, Group IT Risk Community, …) via a structural information feed from the community.
The candidate we are looking for combines all the qualities of a natural ambassador, and a strong expert in the domains of Information Security, Cybercrime, IT, Cloud, vendor, Business Continuity:
• An university degree and +/- 3 years of relevant working experience is a must. Experience in ICT or in a scientific discipline is an asset.
• You are willing to work in a changing and fast evolving environment and are prepared to constantly keep you knowledge up to date.
• You are at ease in interacting on senior general management level.
• You are an ambassador and can energize a community.
• You are able to analyse a ‘risky’ situation, and identify solutions.
• You have good, clear and convincing communication skills in both Dutch and English.
• You are a self-starter, pro-active and take initiative.
• You are well organised and work effectively and independently.
• You are flexible and show entrepreneurship.
• You are creative, have a critical mind and like to think out-of-the-box.
• You have good social skills and are a team player.
• Certifications like CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP, etc … are an asset.
What can we offer you?
You can count on KBC for:
- active support during your career,
- an exceptional range of training and development opportunities,
- many different career opportunities,
- a permanent contract,
- a competitive salary package, including an extensive package of additional benefits and special terms for employees for our banking and insurance products,
- possibilities to integrate your work and private life,
- a dynamic working environment with an open culture and pleasant atmosphere.