KBC (Mid- /Senior Level) Legal Advisor Capital Markets (Transactional Company Lawyer)
What does this function mean?
KBC is seeking to recruit a company lawyer to provide legal advice and counsel to KBC’s line of business focused on capital markets and finance activities.
The role of the company lawyer, within the legal team of “Markets & Finance” relates primarily to giving hands-on legal transactional support and resolving issues with a focus on capital markets activities of KBC Group (for KBC Group and affiliates, as well as for external companies advised by KBC).
The role includes frequent contacts with internal business and operational teams, including management, as well as KBC’s clients and outside counsels and other advisors.
The candidate will be expected to work with the wider KBC legal team in supporting KBC’s business.
What do we expect from you?
• Providing legal advice on a broad range of commercial issues and files related to capital market activities of KBC Group (for KBC Group and affiliates, as well as for external companies advised by KBC)
• Preparing, negotiating and advising on all legal or contractual aspects of equity or debt capital market transactions , including prospectuses, engagement letters, placement or underwriting agreements, all kinds of syndicate documentation, etc. .
• Working with KBC Markets, the Group’s Treasury Department, KBC Securities and other lines of business of KBC as well as its compliance and risk teams to provide solutions consistent with KBC’s policies
• Providing training to employees and other legal advisors in the Group according to their needs in the areas mentioned above
• To keep up-to-date with changes and developments in the legal and regulatory environment in the designated area of legal support as well as developments and or practices in the financial sector.
• The candidate has obtained a master in laws, preferably from a Belgian university, with at least 3 years of transactional experience (such as, in capital markets, finance and/or in M&A) gained at a law firm, a financial institution and/or a listed company.
• She or he is motivated to work in an international and challenging banking environment, has a flexible, strong and mature personality.
• She or he has the ability to work independently while acting as a team player in the global KBC legal team.
• She or he has the ability to assess risks and make objective decisions in the best interest of KBC, taking the relevant legal and business issues into consideration.
• She or he has the ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment and to meet critical deadlines.
• The candidate is preferably a Dutch native speaker, and has a very good professional proficiency in English and/or French. Passive or active knowledge of any other language is a plus.
What can we offer you?
You can count on KBC for:
- active support during your career,
- an exceptional range of training and development opportunities,
- many different career opportunities,
- a permanent contract,
- a competitive salary package, including an extensive package of additional benefits and special terms for employees for our banking and insurance products,
- possibilities to integrate your work and private life,
- a dynamic working environment with an open culture and pleasant atmosphere.