KBC Transactional Lawyer
What does this function mean?
KBC is seeking to recruit a company lawyer to provide legal advice and counsel to KBC’s line of business focused on capital markets and finance activities.
The role of the company lawyer, within the legal team of “Markets & Finance” relates primarily to giving support on transaction-related issues and settling disputes with a focus on the lending activities of KBC Bank and other KBC group entities based on Loan Market Association-based credit documentation.
The role includes frequent contacts with internal KBC business teams, including management as well as KBC’s clients and outside counsels.
The candidate will be expected to work with the wider KBC legal team in supporting KBC’s business.
Location : Brussels
What do we expect from you?
~~• Providing legal advice on a broad range of commercial issues and files related to the lending activities of KBC Bank and other KBC group entities
• Preparing, negotiating and advising on all aspects of the following types of documentation: facility agreements, intercreditor/subordination agreements, security documents, NDA’s, release and reliance letters.
• Working with various lines of business of KBC as well as its compliance and risk teams to provide solutions consistent with KBC’s policies
• Providing training for internal customers and other lawyers in the group according to their needs in the areas mentioned above
• To keep up-to-date with changes and developments in the legal and regulatory environment in the designated area of legal support as well as developments in the financial sector.
• The candidate is master in law, preferably from a Belgian university, with at least 3 years (preferably 5 years) of experience in lending, in-house or in a law firm.
• She or he is motivated to work in an international and challenging banking environment, has a flexible, strong and mature personality.
• She or he has the ability to work independently while acting as a team player in the global KBC legal team.
• She or he has the ability to assess risks and make objective decisions in the best interest of KBC, taking the relevant legal and business issues into consideration.
• She or he has the ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment and to meet critical deadlines.
• The candidate is preferably a Dutch native speaker, and has a very good professional proficiency in English and French.
What can we offer you?
You can count on KBC for:
- active support during your career,
- an exceptional range of training and development opportunities,
- many different career opportunities,
- a permanent contract,
- a competitive salary package, including an extensive package of additional benefits and special terms for employees for our banking and insurance products,
- possibilities to integrate your work and private life,
- a dynamic working environment with an open culture and pleasant atmosphere.
Send your job application today!
Apply online with the application form on this website.