EU Digital Policy Senior Consultant/Manager
- Zaventem, Flemish Region, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Sep 17
EU Digital Policy Senior Consultant/Manager - (170000EE)
Deloitte has a strong reputation and track record in policy analysis and development at EU level in the domain of Digital Policies and Information and Communication Technologies (e.g. including among others the Digital Single Market, Connecting Europe Facility, eGovernment, Interoperability solutions). We are a recognised leader in advising the European Commission and other EU institutions. Our multi-disciplinary competencies within Deloitte - and our global geographic presence - allow us to address policy issues from every angle (policy, legal, economic and financial).
Our services are delivered by exceptional consulting professionals who are encouraged to share knowledge and insights. We have strong values that recognise diversity, collaboration and the growth of the individual.
We are now looking to reinforce our EU Policy team with an
EU DIGITAL POLICY SENIOR CONSULTANT / MANAGER (M/F)
(with a strong experience in information society policies and project management of EU policy studies)
We are seeking to appoint an experienced professional with a strong record in European policy studies and Digital Policies to strengthen our practice. We expect the right candidate to contribute to the business development in this area, and participate in/manage projects from the inception phase to their final implementation and dissemination. The right person will have the skills, knowledge, experience and policy background to win work and deliver projects with full client satisfaction and profitability.
You will join our multinational EU Policy team based in Brussels, to play an active role in our projects covering different policy domains (but with a strong focus on European Commission DG CONNECT, DG DIGIT among others).
The function will offer opportunities for career development as our activities are expanding. According to your background and experience you will:
- Lead study proposals and marketing for the European Commission (with a strong emphasis on the Digital Policy fields) and other clients;
- Develop a strong network with EU officials and other stakeholders in the fields of the Digital Single Market, Connecting Europe Facility, eGovernment, Interoperability solutions;
- Manage projects (policy studies, evaluation, impact assessment, etc.), deal with project research and lead / contribute to the report writing process (building the conclusions and recommendations on data and findings issued from the project research).
- You have between five and eight years Consulting experience and a track record in Project Management and team leadership;
- You hold a university degree and preferably also a relevant Masters/postgraduate degree.
- You have a strong experience working on Digital Policies at European level, in relevant areas of the Digital Single Market. Strong understanding and expertise in areas such as ICT deployment and interoperability in eGovernment, take-up and impact, data value chain are a plus.
- Your working experience mainly covers the Digital Policy related topics- additional expertise in strategic policy studies, impact assessment and evaluations will be valued.
- You have commercial flair and you are a natural team player.
- You are open-minded, creative, enthusiastic and flexible, with a pronounced personal interest in new digital developments.
- You have in-depth knowledge of the European institutions and their systems is essential.
- You have excellent communication skills and communicate fluently in English (spoken and written). Knowledge of additional EU languages is an advantage.
- A stimulating work environment where personal growth and development are encouraged;
- A large diversity in project engagements;
- A substantial investment in training and coaching;
- The opportunity to take part in shaping your company;
- An attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits;
- Opportunity to work on national or international projects;
- Challenging career opportunities.