Finance Strategy & Operations: Modeling Consultant in Anaplan
- Zaventem, Flemish Region, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Sep 17
Finance Strategy & Operations: Modeling Consultant in Anaplan - (170000DJ)
Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing management consulting, accounting and auditing services and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organizations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Our Consulting practice within Deloitte has a strong reputation and track record as Business Performance Consultants. We are a recognized leader in helping clients solve complex business problems, differentiated by our ability to execute on the advice we provide. Our multi-disciplinary competencies allow us to address CXO issues from every angle.
As part of the Finance Transformation team, we have a strong group of professionals with extensive skills in financial data and solution modeling in the context of planning, budgeting, forecasting and consolidation processes. The diversity in terms of technical knowledge and experience within our team allows us to apply those skills across a variety of solutions such as advanced MS Excel / Access models, more sophisticated tools from proven EPM vendors such as SAP BPC or Cognos TM1, and innovative emerging solutions from market disruptors such as Anaplan.
Anaplan is a leading planning and performance management platform for smart businesses. Anaplan combines a patented planning and modeling engine, predictive analytics, and cloud collaboration into one simple interface for business users. Anaplan enables decision-makers within smart businesses to plan and manage performance on a single platform. Smart businesses enable their managers and analysts in every department to build plans with more precision, with unprecedented speed. By connecting performance data with plans, managers can quickly see when numbers are off course and easily simulate decisions before they act.
Joining us, you will be reinforcing the leading team of highly skilled and Anaplan-certified consultants - recognized as Anaplan's Benelux Partner of the Year 2016 - to design and implement planning, budgeting and forecasting models, as well as consolidation processes and solutions, based on the Anaplan platform. You will be part of the development of the in-house Anaplan environment, used for internal training or testing purposes. You will also be active on the business development side of our practice by participating in client proposals and delivering state-of-the-art sales demos. You will coach and develop others, and at the same time be coached and developed by your peers and seniors.
- Team player with highly inquisitive mindset and outstanding analytical skills;
- Dynamic and pro-active attitude, i.e. someone who looks to 'get things done';
- Looking to learn and grow, open to coaching;
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge in the areas of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting and/or financial consolidation, either through project experience or from operational roles;
- Basic understanding of project management / project delivery stages and concepts;
- Knowledge of, or experience in certain management reporting principles (e.g. KPI definition, scorecards, etc.) or costing principles (e.g. activity-based costing) is considered a plus;
- In general, good knowledge of finance, accounting and controlling, either through experience or education.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the latest versions of the Microsoft Office Suite (particularly data / solution modeling aspects through MS Excel, MS Access or similar database or spreadsheet solutions);
- Experience developing systems requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures and implementing business solutions;
- Strong system configuration and design skills and ability to identify improvements to data models
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the latest versions of the Microsoft Office Suite (particularly data / solution modeling aspects through MS Excel or MS Access);
- Existing knowledge of, or experience in Anaplan is not required but considered a plus either through implementation experience or as end user
- Proven experience in data modeling and business solution implementation, through one of the widely used OLAP and/or in memory tools for planning, consolidation and reporting such as SAP BPC, Cognos TM1, or Oracle Hyperion is considered a plus;
- A challenging, innovating environment where personal development and growth are encouraged;
- Opportunities for learning where needed;
- An attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits.