Senior Accountant European Accounting and Tax Solutions
- Zaventem, Flemish Region, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Aug 17
Senior Accountant European Accounting and Tax Solutions - (170000D4)
Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies.
Deloitte Accountancy delivers a broad spectrum of professional services to companies and organisations in Belgium, ranging from large corporates and international organisations through our Business Process Solutions (BPS) to dynamic entrepreneurs, fast growing companies and medium sized private companies and its families. Through our 12 Belgian offices and thanks to our more than 650 professionals, we deliver a perfectly aligned mixture of accountancy services as well as tax, legal, M&A and finance, strategy and growth as business control and technology services to family business, in order to be the trusted advisor for all our clients.
- A wide responsibility in terms of day-to day interactions with clients and coaching of junior team members in an international environment;
- Assisting the project managers with the coordination of the delivery of accounting and tax services to an international client portfolio;
- Monitoring for possible issues and opportunities that are relevant for your clients. This will often involve close collaboration with our other specialized departments;
- Preparing the conversion of accounts from management GAAP (USGAAP or IFRS) to local GAAP through the preparation of the statutory financial statements;
- Assisting with the preparation of draft tax computations and returns according to the applicable local rules to be reviewed by our local offices;
- Advice in relation with corporate tax, other local taxes and accounting compliance;
- Supporting statutory and tax audits;
- Performing month-end closing and management reporting activities to our international BPO clients;
- As a result of working with international clients, 5 % of travelling may be needed.
- Have you built a solid experience (4-8 years) in European Statutory Accounting & Tax requirements?
- Do you have a master/bachelor in accounting, audit or Tax?
- Do you have US GAAP/IFRS knowledge in combination with either Spanish GAAP, German GAAP or any Scandinavian GAAP ?
- Are you an excellent team player with strong interpersonal and technical Accounting and Tax skills?
- Are you fluent in English and any other European language?
- Do you have in-depth Excel skills combined with a solid knowledge of common ERP and reporting tools?
- Do you have an excellent client-focused attitude with entrepreneurial skills?
- Do you have excellent people management and coaching skills, and do you like to organize workflows?
- Do you have strong and diplomatic communication skills?
- Would you like to become an expert in international Accounting and Direct Tax?
- A challenging, innovating environment where personal development and growth are encouraged;
- Opportunities for learning where needed;
- An attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits.