Accreditation Specialist Analyst
Accreditation Specialist AnalystWestern Union Careers: Work That Makes A Difference
At Western Union, you can build a career doing work that makes a difference! We are disrupting the cross-border money transfer industry by developing new technologies and partnerships. Watch our recruiting video to get introduced to WU, and visit westernunion.com/careers to learn more!
Western Union Business Solutions ('WUBS') is the world's leading foreign exchange and international business payments company. Through its subsidiaries and branches, WUBS operates in the Americas, Asia, Europe, Australia, the Middle East and Africa and the United Kingdom. It offers business-to-business payment and receipt solutions through an intuitive online platform that integrates directly with clients' systems and helps clients manage their currency exposure. The company currently services over 40,000 clients around the world and processes more than $40 billion payments annually to more than 1 million beneficiaries.
Right now, we are seeking a Specialist/Analyst, Accreditation WUBS is recruiting for an Accreditation Analyst to join its North America Operations team at our Toronto, Ontario office.
This position will be supporting our North American business operation through investigation and analysis of new businesses based on background, industry, past financial activity, government compliance, and business/account type. You will communicate with our Sales team to ensure that all information is documented, filed and safeguarded. You will run compliance and verification checks for domestic and international financial institutions.
In addition, you will:
- Project involvement.
- Cross train for support team coverage.
- Communicates with clients.
- Ensures that all information is documented, filed, and safeguarded.
- Reviews financial statements to assist with KYC decisions.
- Runs compliance and verification checks per Accreditation policy.
- Accredits prospective customers following WUBS "Know Your Customer" policy.
- Adheres to strict Service Level Agreements regarding Point of Sale systems.
- Assembles all pertinent documentation and verifies all information in accordance with WUBS policy.
- Works with domestic and international financial institutions for verification of business structure.
- Investigates and analyzes business based on background, industry, past financial activity, government compliance, and business/account type.
- Assigns and implements product and solution based on customer need.
- Creates debit settlement, value dating, and fee structure.
- Improves efficiency and process through automation and product quality.
- Ability to read financial statements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates the capacity to work independently.
- Strives in fast-paced environment with a high degree of urgent requests.
- Is interested and remains current on AML regulations, news, and related events.
- Possesses strong motivation and energy to contribute to the team's success.
- Ample interest or knowledge in WUBS "Know Your Customer" policies and AML guidelines
The Company will accommodate applicants with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws, upon request. Please contact us to request accommodation.