Manager, Markets Compliance
Manager, Markets ComplianceWestern Union Careers: Work That Makes A Difference
At Western Union, you can build a career doing work that makes a difference! We are disrupting the cross-border money transfer industry by developing new technologies and partnerships. Watch our recruiting video to get introduced to WU, and visit westernunion.com/careers to learn more!
Western Union is changing. Yes, we're the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we're on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved - billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today's global consumers and businesses. So if you're looking for a company on the move - and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet - then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking a Manager, Markets Compliance , based in our Toronto or Vancouver office.
This role supports the Director - Markets Compliance to carry out all tasks required to ensure the WUBS Business remains in compliance with its regulatory obligations and company policy in the Americas. Markets Compliance responsibilities include FX and OTC derivative transactions.
In addition, you will:
- Ensure all escalations (internal and external) are addressed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Serve as back up to the Director, overseeing the compliance departments operation, addressing business requests and escalating any issues to the Director of Compliance.
- Serve as a 'go to' person for the business to obtain guidance and/or instruction on how to action tasks to achieve business and compliance goals.
- Conduct quality checks and other scheduled reviews and provide feedback as it relates to the compliance monitoring tasks the business is required to execute, and report to Director any cases that would require management attention.
- Assist in the preparation of management reports, including board and reports to auditors.
- Assist with the preparation of policies and procedures in relation to the various compliance responsibilities.
- Manage second line oversight of each functional unit's adherence to relevant internal Policies and Procedures.
- Assist with other compliance activities or initiatives as directed from time to time.
- Investigate escalated issues and maintain registers as required and provide timely reports and analysis.
- Monitoring of advisors, sales, CRM etc., to identify any potential violation of internal and external Codes of Conduct or regulations as pertains to services delivered to customers.
- Participate in the design and implementation of compliance focused projects.
- Advising Director of Compliance or other compliance management about any identified non-compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Assist with matters requested by Internal/External Auditors and Examiners.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes in the Americas as required.
- A degree in banking, commerce, business administration, accounting or auditing is desirable.
- Proficiency in a foreign language, especially French, preferred.
- 4+ years of previous experience working in a financial institution dealing with securities, derivatives and/or foreign exchange in corporate FX sales position or in markets related areas such as compliance.
- At least one year previous experience working in the compliance areas including an understanding of foreign exchange (Derivatives), Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) Codes and Guidelines, the Securities and Futures Ordinance and company policies.
- Understanding of general compliance controls including for AML/CFT
- Exposure to risk management policies and processes as it relates to the business application of internal and external risk factors (operational, legal, reputation, market) impacting a business or corporate foreign exchange operation.
- Exposure to Dodd Frank and US swap rules
- The ability to interrelate with others including advisors, external relationships such as government agency and regulators.
- Knowledge of Foreign Exchange derivatives and Financial Markets.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to understand and address issues arising from a foreign exchange transactional environment in a timely and efficient manner.
With a 160-year history of connecting people when it matters most, Western Union continues to shape the world in which we live. WU offers one of the easiest ways for families and friends to send money and stay connected almost anywhere in the world. We take pride in being close to our consumers. Together with our Agents, we speak our consumers' languages and live in our consumers' neighborhoods. As a result, our Agents and employees are more like ambassadors. They are ambassadors of trust. Ambassadors of responsibility. And ambassadors of hope. They are the living, breathing manifestation of who we are as a company and reflect the WU behaviors: Inspired. Connected. Driven. Game-Changer. Responsible. EOE/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, veteran status, disability or other protected category.