Managing Director – Asset Management
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- AHIP Management Ltd
- 21 Aug 17
Reporting to the President, the Managing Director – Asset Management is responsible for overseeing the management of the hotel assets of a publicly-traded real estate investment trust investing primarily in premium branded, select-service hotels.
The Managing Director – Asset Management ensures that the company’s financial and other objectives are achieved with respect to the individual hotel properties they oversee. The position involves ongoing interface with and oversight of AHIP’s exclusive hotel manager on a variety of operational matters, including marketing, budgeting, capital expenditures, revenue enhancement and yields and cost reductions or controls. Note that significant travel is required.
- Design, plan, budget implement, and lead the development of the Asset Management division of AHIP. This includes the direct management of a portfolio of assets in excess of 1.8 Billion (CAD) in value.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all factors affecting markets and submarkets associated with the portfolio, including demographics and changes in supply and demand.
- Develop and implement short, intermediate and long-term positioning strategies to optimize portfolio value.
- Provide revenue enhancement and cost reduction guidance to the hotel manager and/or individual properties.
- Complete regular onsite property reviews on at least an annual basis.
- Maintain working knowledge of brand requirements and initiatives and brand impact on the company’s assets; analyze and recommend brand changes where required.
- Review and approve individual hotel budgets and period-end reports
- Review and provide input to each hotel's capital expenditure and Property Improvement.
- Plan projects. Partner with the hotel manager's Design and Construction group to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Provide support for special projects such as acquisitions, dispositions, recapitalizations and expansions.
- Develop constructive working relationships with a variety of internal and external constituencies.
- Maintain regular communication with brand representatives and property contacts, including monthly review of financial performance, service performance, ongoing asset protection, brand compliance, accounts receivable, etc.
- Expert knowledge of the lodging/hospitality industry.
- Thorough understanding of the sales and yield strategies processes within the high end/luxury lodging industry.
- Demonstrated experience in solving business development and financial problems within the high end/luxury lodging industry.
- Ability to analyze financial data and projections.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Positive innovative approach to problem solving
- Experience with hotel accounting
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple complex projects
- Flexibility to provide assistance as required
Education – Bachelor’s degree with specialization in Hotel Administration or Finance from a reputable University
Experience – Must provide proof of the following professional experience:
- Minimum of 3 Years experience in Hotel Operations with an internationally recognized high end/luxury property brand;
- Minimum 5 years experience providing market analysis of US hotel properties for an international Luxury/high end hotel chain
- Minimum 5 years select service hotel and real estate research and providing underwriting analysis with a hotel/real estate specific investment fund
- In depth underwriting experience for a select service upper mid market Northeast US hotel portfolio.
- Salary Range from $175,000 to $225,000 annually.
- Executive Incentive Program – Unit Purchase Matching program, Short Term Incentive Plan; Long Term Incentive Plan;
- Benefits Plan – Medical Plan (Dental, Vision, Extended Healthcare, Prescribed Drug Plan; MSP Premiums); Payment of all reasonable employment-related expenses, including reasonable cell phone charges and out of pocket expenses; and Payment of annual professional accounting dues, memberships and related professional development course expenses if necessary
- Paid Vacation – 2 Weeks
- Permanent full time work. 40 Hrs/week. No overtime available as position is management level.
- Location of work – Suite 800, 925 West Georgia Street, Vancouver BC V6B 3L2
- Position requires extensive international travel.
- Department - Asset Management.
- Language required for work - English
Please send resume and cover letter detailing required experiences above to
MD-AM@ahipreit.com. Only applicants who meet all required qualifications will be contacted for an interview.