AMH Technical Sales Expert
- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- S.W.I.F.T. s.c.r.l.
- 27 Feb 17
The APAC Sales Services team is a group of solution architects that supports the SWIFT Asia Pacific Sales organisation in developing sales opportunities, gathering requirements and designing solutions for our customers in the region.
The ideal candidate will have solid technology, computer science or engineering background. He/she would have strong communication and listening skills to develop a deep understanding of customer needs and articulating a vision and solution to address those needs.
Ideally the candidate will have had experience in architecture design and/or development, and will have done technical pre-sales in their previous roles.
The candidate will be translating customers’ business requirements into detailed functional and technical specifications for medium to big size/complexity/risk projects in alignment with the SWIFT interfaces, integration and messaging suite of products and particularly the Alliance Messaging Hub (AMH) product.
This is an opportunity for a disciplined, well-structured and knowledgeable IT professional who enjoys client engagement, travel and being part of a high capable and fun team. The candidate will be expected to synthesize and present the solutions at technical, senior and executive levels at our clients and skilfully negotiate with stakeholders, with a commitment to quality and integrity.
- Define, analyze and evaluate detailed functional requirements for projects by working in close liaison with customer stakeholders supervised by the SWIFT AMH solution architect.
- Propose solutions to business problems in relation to current and future business environments of the customer and matching to current and future features of the AMH product.
- Prepare, write and maintain functional requirement specifications in collaboration with internal stakeholders, ranging from the SWIFT AMH development and implementation consultants, the SWIFT AMH project manager and in case of AMH product gaps, the SWIFT AMH marketing team. Create and maintain lists of user stories and change requests in JIRA.
- Clearly and unambiguously document the requirement specifications, user stories, use cases, data flows, boundary conditions, exceptions, test and acceptance criteria and so on in either customer specific documentation standards or the SWIFT Encompass templates.
- Prepare and conduct requirement workshops, walkthrough, critical review and presentations on system enhancements and/or alternatives.
- Provide assistance during implementation and testing by clarifying requirements, and keeping the requirements documentation in line with the implemented solution through version tracking.
A University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- 10+ years’ experience in similar roles with experience in software development, design or architecture of software systems; or equally through work experience in a technical writing, software development or support type of environment.
- Professional knowledge and experience
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Knowledge of (financial) messaging platforms, and development experience on Unix, Linux and Windows.
- Knowledge of protocols and technology standards: network technologies, XML, database and security technologies.
- Solid experience of formal structured software engineering methodologies: OO analysis, design and modelling (UML).
- Solid experience in Word as an editing tool, knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint is an asset.
- Knowledge of SWIFT products and services is an asset.
- Eager to participate in continuous improvement of the requirements gathering and design process.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with excellent English and Mandarin, both written and spoken.
- Experience in managing user stories and change requests in JIRA is an asset.
How to Apply
Interested parties please click "Apply Now" or submit your application through our career center with the following link: https://www.swift.com/about-us/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and candidates not notified within four weeks may consider their application unsuccessful.