- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- S.W.I.F.T. Beijing Limited – Shanghai Branch
- 09 Jan 17
As an implementation consultant, you are expected to bring expertise in the area of design and integration of the Alliance Messaging Hub (AMH) system with the banks messaging middleware. While delivering implementation, You will apply change management and configuration management concepts into complex, active/active bank environments with demanding performance and resiliency requirements.
You will play a key role in the delivery team to build consistent and well documented packages and in training the bank’s IT staff on AMH configuration management, which makes this role a central one in any AMH project in the region.
When designing the solution, you will work with the AMH solution architect, the AMH development consultants as well as the bank’s IT staff. After the desigN, you need to make sure that the back-end and network components, and the workflow routing between those are defined, packaged and staged to the customer’s environment. Upon delivery, you will be a key interface between the development team and the bank’s IT team.
- Define, analyze and evaluate detailed implementation design for projects by working in close liaison with customer stakeholders and the AMH solution architect.
- Understand network connectivity requirements and routing flows and translate them into an equivalent solution in AMH.
- Propose solutions that take into account the best practices of the AMH system and meet the customer’s integration requirements at the same time
- Prepare, write and maintain implementation design specifications in collaboration with internal stakeholders, ranging from the AMH solution architect to developers, customer operations and IT, and others. Create and maintain the project package and installation guide as well as own the process of tracking configuration changes and creating release notes.
- Continuously improve the SWIFT internal tooling for building packages and LAB systems through technology like Hudson, Ant scripting, Amazon Elastic Cloud and bash scripting.
- Lead and follow up on daily meetings with the bank during their installation and testing, and track open items using tools such as JIRA and SalesForces to track progress.
- Be the expert in AMH configuration management and share knowledge within the team and with the bank’s IT staff during projects.
- A University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of experience in similar roles with preferably experience in either consultancy within messaging middleware or SWIFT systems, either in operating similar systems while being eager to expand horizons
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of (financial) messaging platforms
- Experience in scope and change management of software delivery
- Strong communication skills with excellent English, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of protocols and technology standards: network technologies, XML, database and security technologies
- Some experience in interpreting formal structured software engineering methodologies: analysis, design and modelling (UML)
- Experience working in consultancy or working against delivery deadlines is important
- Experience in Ant and bash is an asset
- Experience in JIRA and SalesForce is an asset
- Experience in Amazon EC2 and Hudson is an asset
- Knowledge of SWIFT products and services is an asset
How to Apply
Interested parties please click "Apply Now" or submit your application through our career center with the following link: https://www.swift.com/about-us/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and candidates not notified within four weeks may consider their application unsuccessful.