- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Sep 17
Location: Beijing, Beijing Shi, ChinaThe focus of the role is to assist with Corporation, VAT/GST and withholding tax issues in the APAC Region particularly focusing on China . The role is based in Beijing, China and includes tax compliance work. The position offers a good opportunity for a candidate with a keen interest in a career in tax to be involved in a wide range of issues, covering multiple countries, within a global company .
- Assist with preparation/review of corporate income tax returns, VAT/GST and/or other corporate-related tax returns
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly calculations of current and deferred tax provisions under US GAAP for management reporting
- Reconciliation of management accounts to statutory accounts for tax related disclosures
- Assist with data collection for tax return preparation and transfer pricing documentation
- Deal with day to day VAT/GST and withholding tax queries from other departments
- Assist with preparation/review tax declaration letters and tax forms in connection with collection of payments from customers or tax clearance processes
- Assist with filling up Form W-8BEN and CSR forms
- Upkeep of the tax payments summary and tax return calendar
- Assist with tracking tax assessment status
- Assist the Global Tax Department on an ad-hoc basis with projects and other initiatives
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Three-plus years tax experience with China region focus (preferably with the Big Four)
- Professional experience is a plus, preferably related to corporate tax and VAT/GST (in a large multi-national company or in a major accounting firm).
- Experience to liaise and interact with tax authorities on tax queries
- Tax return and/or provision preparation experience desired
- Excellent Excel skills and Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Knowledge of a major financial system and/or tax filing system
- Competent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment and good interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to meet tight deadlines
- Analytic skills, attention to details and pro-active approach
- Fluency in English is essential
- Technical knowledge and an understanding of US GAAP would be advantageous
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.