Applications Support Analyst
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Citi China Company Limited 花旗中国
- 18 Jan 17
Applications Support Analyst
- Primary Location: China,Shanghai,Shanghai
- Other Location: Asia Pacific
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Technology
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 16053353
- A position exists for a role in the Production Level 2 support team within the Citi Market Sales technology team. The team manages the day-to-day availability of the applications and ensures issues or status updates are accurately communicated to Level 1 support and to the business.
- The successful candidate will be a L2 team member in Shanghai and work closely with their colleagues in NAM to ensure seamless 24 x 5 support of our applications. In addition, they will work closely with Level 1 Support, development teams, infra team and the business. The ideal candidate should be technically astute, well organized, proactive, and also to possess good multi-tasking skills. The support team works shifts through its team members located in APAC and NAM.
- The support team work shifts during the APAC hours in order for the team to provide on-site cover between the hours of 7:30 am and 7:30 pm (covered by different shifts). This allows the support team to cover both our APAC and UK user base. The candidate must be willing to participate in the work shift rotation and also the weekend support rota.
- Work closely with first level support, development teams, infrastructure teams and the Sales business to deliver strategy & priorities and communicate progress effectively to all stakeholders.
- Manage and resolve issues that arise on Sales systems. Ensure daily process completion to service level agreements.
- Communicate issues and status updates with all stakeholders effectively.
- Maintain application availability to business users globally.
- Ensure the stability of applications by proactively seeking ways of improving stability.
- Drive initiatives for capacity planning, resiliency/failover plans and monitoring enhancement.
- Perform Change Management and deployment activities on production environment.
- Provide ideas and conduct efficiency and effectiveness improvements in support processes.
- Perform Incident and Problem management including prioritization, cause analysis and escalation to appropriate groups.
- Liaise with users, business sponsors and other AD groups.
- Provide support to AD teams to ensure that changes can be placed into production and supported.
- Participate in special project initiatives.
- Create and maintain a knowledge base to provoke knowledge transfer within the team.
Additional Skills (preferable)
Production Support Experience:
- Good understanding of ITIL
- Understanding of problem management methodologies
- Knowledge of active monitoring tools (Tivoli, Nagios, ITRS, Uptime, etc
- Good sense of production incidents / issues handling
- System Administration
- Familiar with Unix commands. Shell scripting.
- Perl/scripting language and / or Java
- Ability to develop support tools/scripts as required
- Ability to communicate well at all levels
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to learn new skills quickly with little supervision
- Basic Sybase and/or Oracle administration/Siebel, MS SQL.
- Functional knowledge of SQL + ability to write SQL database script
- Understanding of IP networks + ability to analyze and monitor network traffic
- Understanding of IP Multicast/Anycast