- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- De Lage Landen (China) Co., Ltd
- 20 Sep 16
Purpose of the job: Execute the risk management and credit underwriting processes within the Back-Office, based on assigned authority levels and BU targets, in order to support BU´s in achieving their Expected Loss targets. The position is an individual contributor.
Key Result Areas & Activities:
A. Assess Information
1. Assess completeness and topicality of client information as a basis for credit and risk analysis and decisions.
B. Risk Analysis
2. Analyze risk of customer/end-user, local vendor or local dealer as a thorough basis for decision making on local vendor/dealer agreements and end-user credit applications.
C. Review & Re-rate
3. Review and re-rate (risk of) end-users and vendors in order to maintain in control at all times.
D. Credit Application Report
4. Draw up credit application reports (CAR) as a sound basis for own decision-making or decision-making by risk committee (depending on authorization level).
E. Credit Application Decisions
5. Decide on end-user credit applications and local vendor/dealer agreements within given authority level in order to support BU´s in achieving their Expected Loss targets.
F. Local Risk Committee
6. Advise, prepare and participate in local risk committee on decision-making regarding end-user credit applications and local vendor/dealer agreements within given authorization level in order to support BU´s in achieving their Expected Loss targets.
G. Monitor credit/risk profile portfolio
7. Monitor the credit / risk profile of assigned BU´s within Back-Office and advise in order to stay in control and give Back-Office and BU´s the opportunity for corrective actions.
H. Credit and risk policies
8. Contribute to the fine-tuning and tailoring of global BU credit and risk policies and regulations and develop local credit and risk management policies/guidelines in order to ensure a proper fit with local regulations and requirements.
I. Monitor compliance
9. Monitor BU, corporate and external policies and regulations in order to minimize risk exposure and to be compliant at all times.
J. Sales/operations mandates and co-ordination
10. Monitor sales on given mandates and co-ordinate and liaise with sales in order to achieve alignment on and control in credit and risk processes.
K. Credit knowledge center
11. Provide information, support, training and align BU and Back-Office parties on credit and risk management policies, processes and issues in order to cultivate a sound (credit) risk organization and (credit) risk awareness culture.
• Bachelor degree at least, major in Finance/Economics;
• Solid track record in banking/ finance industry: more than 5 years working experience in banking sector (foreign bank preferred) among which at least 3 years related with underwriting for corporate customers;
• Strong quantitative/financial analysis skills (e.g. financial ratios analysis, cash flow analysis, projection and peer/industry analysis), familiar with credit rating model employed by banking industry and RAROC pricing;
• Sound knowledge of lease products and related legal concepts, familiar with local regulations regarding banking/financing, FX conversion, import/export etc.;
• Excellent written & spoken English;
• Open to learn;
• Good interpersonal skills and ready to communicate with Sales and other stakeholders
DLL is a global financial solutions partner working in 9 specialist sectors delivering integrated solutions for the entire asset life cycle. By the end of 2014, our global managed portfolio had reached 34.5 billion Euro. Over the last 45 years or so we’ve grown to a global business partner. DLL is now operating in more than 35 countries with over 5,600 members, delivering business from leasing, factoring, vendor and commercial finance to remarketing. DLL is a fully-owned subsidiary of Rabobank Group, one of the world’s most creditworthy privately held bank.
DLL operates in China since 2005 making it one of the first international financial leasing companies in China and one of the first leasing companies to obtain the MOFCOM factoring license in China. Our asset-based financing solutions help our customers grow market share, enhance profitability, and achieve strategic goals in several key industries across China: Healthcare, Construction, Office Technology, Food and Agriculture,. With the headquarter in Shanghai and representative offices in Beijing, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Xi’an, and Wuhan, DLL China provides financial services to customers around the country. Our vendor partners include Philips, Cisco, Ricoh, Konica Minolta, AGCO, Bauer, Soilmec and DeLaval etc.