- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank China
- 04 Sep 17
- Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Scope Of Role:
Accountable for management of technology projects to deliver China application projects and enhancements:
* to meet business requirements
* to be in line with business & technology strategy
* to be in compliance with regulatory requirement and group standards
* to deliver project within budget and on time.
1. Application Delivery
* Support China banking businesses in developing a robust system infrastructure and capabilities that allow businesses to implement strategies and initiatives to maximize business opportunities in China
* Support ITO agenda to implement Group standardized systems in China to achieve standardization
* Drive ITO or China business initiated projects to deliver new product features, improved services or expanded network to capture and increase market share.
* Build scalable and flexible solutions that are fast to deploy to help business launch new product or service in minimal time.
* Ensure all systems and processes implementation follow group and country standards and policies, as well as meet regulatory requirements.
2. Project Management
As the application delivery manager wherever applicable under Group policies,
* Manage complex and multiple technology/business projects to completion, on time, within budget and quality guidelines utilizing established project management methodologies.
* Overall responsible for the successful delivery of the entire project.
* Liaise with Compliance team to accurately interpret regulatory requirement and implication to the project to ensure regulatory compliance
* Own and maintain a master project plan and ensure milestones are promptly updated in project portal - Clarity
* Manage and track the project cost versus the budget and ensure complete the project within budget; ensure Clarity is promptly updated with project financial status and ensure accurate cost forecasts, to continuously improve the project quality and reduce project implementation cost
* Take charge of securing funding/PED approval and ensure ITO project effort charged-back to project and business
* Manage end-to-end software development lifecycle activities such as preparing detailed project technology cost estimates, requirements analysis, coding, testing and implementation.
* Work closely with China business teams to ensure all business requirements are understood and documented, and to ensure project scope to be aligned to business priorities.
* Engage Supply Chain Management team for due diligence, contract negotiation and cost effective solution.
* Manage resource plan, risk control, change control and quality processes.
* Ensure the PWG and other stakeholders have a clear and common understanding of the project schedule, their responsibilities, scope, financials, progress and associated risks.
* Chair the task-force working meetings for mitigating risks, resolving issues, tracking progress and prioritizing activities.
* Manage the business handover and project completion activities.
3. Request Management
* Participate in reviewing the non functional requirements from application support perspective for new services and/or amendment to existing services.
* Act as gate keeper in assessing the production readiness (PRA) of the change requests prior to deploying to production environment.
* Support disaster recovery and business continuity exercises for in country applications.
4. Vendors Management
* Participate in vendor regular service review meetings ensuring the performance are closely tracked and issues rectified.
* Support business and supplier/global relationship manager in reviewing the contractual agreements both from new project and on-going basis.
5. Audit and Risk Management
* To respond with sense of urgency and professionalism to regulatory requests
* To lead the improvement of internal controls in project management
* To achieve satisfactory audit performance in internal and external audits
* To identify group/regulatory risks, issues and interdependencies and escalates these to the appropriate project governance committee
* To fulfill audit and management requirements of the projects undertaken
* To support application projects head to ensure overall delivery within budget
* To track project mandays recharge and meet project mandays charge-out objective
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Enter roles and responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills
Enter qualifications and skills
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.