Head China AM Operations
Reporting functionally to the Regional Head of Operations, the incumbent position, accountable for Asset Management Operations in China.
The incumbent is accountable to the function's local China management team and to Regional Operations management head for the efficient delivery of all aspects of Asset Management Operations, including:
- securities processing and settlement,
- fund administration and custodial services,
- fund accounting,
- middle and back office operations,
- Investment Performance & Analysis,
- client and broker onboarding,
- transfer agency,
- dealing and administration,
- customer service desks,
- vendor management and
- Report production to Regional Head Operations.
The incumbent is also accountable for the centralized and outsourced functions performed on-shore and at vendors (such as reconciliations, record keeping, data management and pricing functions). The incumbent ensures the appropriate procedures; controls and systems are in place. The incumbent will ensure relationships with local clients, senior front office senior management, regional functional management, and external service providers are managed effectively.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Head of Asset Management Operations Function in China
• Overall responsibility for all aspects of Asset Management Operations support for UBS AM China Ltd.
• Build out the China Operations leadership, structure, policies and procedures, and platforms/infrastructure.
• Support the Regional Head Operations in analysis, design and implementation of local Operating Model, and ensuring China integration into the Global Target Operating Model and other Asset Management initiatives.
• Integral part of the AM Regional Operation's leadership team and key person to provide support and leadership for all matters relating to China.
• Senior Investment Operations representative on the local China Management Committee.
• Local Chairman of the China Valuation Committees and Broker Committee.
•Support Regional Operations Manager in providing Operations leadership and sign-off on all strategic initiatives impacting China (including process, systems, reporting, new fund launches, and M&A activities).
• Responsible for local senior relationship management of internal and external stakeholders including front office and functional senior management, regulators, clients and peers.
• Act as advisor to Regional Operations Manager with respect to Asset Management Operations matters, and contribute to the development of business plans, strategies
External Service Provider Management
• Support Regional Operations Management to negotiate and manage relationships with external service providers in the local market, including custodial banks. Responsibilities include overseeing RFP exercises, contract and service level agreement negotiations and regular service level/KPI monitoring.
• Monitor activities outsourced to the third parties, and senior local point of issue escalation and resolution of issues.
• direct custodial management for mandates and Funds sponsored directly by UBS Asset Management and manage custodial relationships as sub-advisor for portfolios managed for affiliates or external clients
• where services are outsourced, ensure that functions are appropriately monitored and ensure compliance with appropriate control principles.
Your experience and skills
In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
Business Acumen/Commercial Experience
Minimum 7 years' experience in Asset/Investment Management operations.
thorough technical knowledge of investment products, market practices, and investment operations.
Thorough understanding of China market, including the regulatory, market and cultural nuances in each country.
Proven capability in initiating, motivating and managing change effectively.
Understanding of key risk exposures and controls required to manage these risks.
Executing for Results
Proactive and results oriented and proven ability to multitask and deliver upon multiple simultaneous strategic initiatives within tight resource and time constraints.
Computer literacy with PC applications. Familiarity with external systems used in investment administration.
Demonstrated leadership capabilities with a service oriented interpersonal style. Proven ability to develop and maintain business relationships with internal and external provider
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer talented people around the world a supportive, stimulating and diverse working environment. We'll value your passion and commitment. And reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.