MMQ - Pricing & Quoting Engine Java Developer
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 26 Sep 16
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley Equities Market Making & Quoting Services (MMQ) team is seeking an experienced Java Developer to work on our automated pricing and quoting platforms used by our Global Retail Structured Products Business. Candidates will work closely with our global Technology team distributed across Shanghai, Hong Kong, London and New York while supporting the regional business lines. With requirements coming in from Sales, Trading and Quantitative Strategists the systems support the automation of various manual processes and provide clients pricing transparency.
Beyond the functional aspects of the systems, candidates will also have the opportunity to contribute to improving the Technology platform and drive the system towards a more rapid development model enabling quicker time to market while also improving stability. You will work the full application lifecycle in a fast-paced, high-stakes agile development environment. This is a hands-on role with the expectation to own a change or project all the way from design/inception to delivery in production.
- Experiences in core Java knowledge in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Track record working on e-trading or pricing systems
- Track record of complete lifecycle management including design, coding and delivery
- Track record working with and managing multiple dependencies across systems
- Experience building FIX protocol-based systems in Java
- Experience in equity-linked products / derivatives highly desirable
- Experience with Java/Linux OS level debugging/performance tuning.
- Knowledge of Sybase and tuning techniques along with scripting (Python / Perl).
- KDB Knowledge would also be an advantage but is not essential.
- Experience in testing automation