- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 15 Jan 17
See job description for details
DerivOne is the firm's strategic transactional datamart for OTC derivatives. It hosts comprehensive trade and economics facts for FID, Equity, and commodities OTC transactions. Data is loaded in real time via MQ messages. In addition, ETL is utilized to enrich it with various feeds from upstream including reference data. DerivOne is the main data provider to downstream systems and plays a critical role providing extracts and real time queries to more than 40 systems as well as scheduled reports for users. Moreover, the system interacts directly with external entities providing reconciliations and identifying breaks for operations.
This is a senior hands-on manager role. Both technical and management skills are required. The successful candidate will be managing a large team responsible for business enablement requests, regulatory projects requirements and renovating existing platform while maintaining capacity, performance, stability and scalability of existing environment.
In addition, the candidate needs to have excellent communication skills with ability to face off with various business users, IT system owns, operations, controllers, and ability to organize and interacts with other projects leads globally. Lastly, the candidate needs to have strong technical and architecture skills to help set the vision and direction for the team participation overseeing design/architecture discussions, code reviews, setting and enforcing technical direction, ensuring proper handling of production and performance concerns.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Strong relational database skills especially with DB2.
- Strong understanding of ETL processes and experience with tools such as: Informatica.
- Real time message processing experience.
- Experience in delivery of metrics / reporting in an enterprise environment (e.g. demonstrated experience in BI tools such as Business Objects & metric, Tableau, report design & delivery).
- Strong experience with scripting language such as Perl/Python and Unix / K-Shell, Java is a big plus.
- Knowledge of relational database performance and tuning such as: proper use of indices, database statistics/reorgs, de-normalization concepts.
Management skills and abilities:
- Strong in:
o Extensive experience in project management, planning, budgeting, tracking, and status reporting.
o Organizing, time management, and presentation.
o Interpersonal and relationship-building.
o Excellent English communication skills and the ability to interact with highly skilled technology professionals and business stake-holders.
o Ability to manage global projects.
o Coordinating and leading process improvement sessions for improving internal project processes and processes involving interactions with other teams.
o Resource hiring and career development.
o Troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical abilities.
o Continuously assessing existing hardware and software footprint to keep total cost of ownership at minimum.
o Creatively and economically merge disparate technological environments.
- Familiar with trade lifecycle and flows of data in an investment banking operation.
- Experience in Agile development process is a plus. *LI-JZ2
- Bachelors or Master degree in IT, business management or similar
- Minimum 10 years project management or relevant technology experience required
- VP position will need to have people management experience to manage and grow the project team locally
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Experience in financial industry preferably investment banking
- Experience in business expansion and/or divestiture projects
- Hands on experience of Project Lifecycle and Project Planning Techniques
- Formal project management training desirable, PMP certification is preferred