Test and Implementation Consultant
- Negotiable + Discretionary Bonus
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- S.W.I.F.T. Beijing Limited – Shanghai Branch
- 09 Jan 17
As a test and implementation consultant, you are expected to bring expertise in the area of quality assurance and systems integration during the banks implementation of the SWIFT Alliance Messaging Hub (AMH). Concepts like continuous integration and configuration management will need to be applied while building the solution, and delivering it into complex, active/active bank environments with demanding performance and resiliency requirements.
The test consultant plays a key role in the delivery team, establishing processes ensuring quality delivery trough a mix of various testing techniques. These can include continuous integration, automated and manual testing, static review of deliverables, and many others. Based on in-depth analysis of the requirements and design, he identifies the test needs, and chooses the appropriate techniques. He helps maintain a set of test data relevant to the customer business, and maintains a live-like test environment.
Upon delivery, the implementation consultant will be a key interface between the development team and the bank’s IT team. Together they establish configuration management practices, and deployment processes. He ensures all the required data is gathered to allow packaging and staging to the customer’s test and production environments, in a controlled and repeatable way. He also guides the customer’s IT team through their various testing stages.
Alliance Messaging Hub
Alliance Messaging Hub (AMH) is a flexible, multi-network, high-volume financial messaging software that is targeted at organisations with particularly intricate integration requirements such as larger financial institutions. It’s ideal for those who are looking for a highly available, customisable and scalable platform to meet their operational requirements.
The AMH technology is modular and can handle in parallel, financial transaction messages for various networks, enabling extensive throughput combined with sophisticated data management. The end result is higher straight through processing rates with increased agility and efficiency
With its variety of network adapters, its Business Process Management (BPM) tool, and open standards support, AMH allows routing between different messaging services seamlessly. It is the platform for future development.
AMH is fully integrated into SWIFT’s product portfolio and comes with all the benefits of SWIFT’s operational excellence.
- Participate in requirements/design reviews of new implementations to ensure testability and become acquainted with new features.
- Help define the test strategy for the project, both for internal delivery, and for the banks quality assurance.
- Help minimize the test effort by enabling automated testing, and identification of issues early trough continues integration and automated deployment.
- Prepare, write and maintain test specifications in collaboration with internal stakeholders, ranging from the AMH solution architect to developers, customer operations and IT, and others.
- Create and maintain the project package and installation guide as well as own the process of tracking configuration changes and creating release notes.
- Continuously improve the SWIFT internal tooling for building packages and LAB systems through technology like Hudson, Ant scripting, Amazon Elastic Cloud and bash scripting.
- Lead and follow up on daily meetings with the bank during their installation and testing, and track open items using tools such as JIRA and SalesForces to track progress.
- Be the expert in AMH configuration management and share knowledge within the team and with the bank’s IT staff during projects.
- A University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar roles with preferably experience in consultancy within messaging middleware, either in operating similar systems while being eager to expand horizons
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of (financial) messaging platforms.
- Experience in software testing is essential.
- Experience in defining and using configuration management practices is essential.
- Strong communication skills with excellent English, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of protocols and technology standards: network technologies, XML, database and security technologies.
- Experience working in consultancy or working against delivery deadlines is important.
- Experience with version management tools such as Git and Subversion is an asset.
- Experience with test automation tools such as Selenium and Robo Framework is an asset.
- Experience in JIRA and SalesForce is an asset.
- Experience in Amazon EC2 and Hudson is an asset.
- Knowledge of SWIFT products and services is an asset.
How to Apply
Interested parties please click "Apply Now" or submit your application through our career center with the following link: https://www.swift.com/about-us/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and candidates not notified within four weeks may consider their application unsuccessful.