Credit Manager (Risk, Shenzhen)
- Shenzhen, Guangdong Sheng, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 04 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
Scope of Role:
- To ensure that the quality of the corporate credit portfolio of Corporate & Institutional Banking is maintained within acceptable parameters, as defined by the Credit Initiation & Approval Policy and country Portfolio standards (PS), and that the reporting of information relating to that portfolio is timely and accurate.
- To instil a strong credit culture by setting the highest standards and demanding that these are maintained by all Business teams in country.
- Inform the development of business plans with the provision of cost and impairment forecasts and a balanced judgement on the external environment
- Communicate the strategic intent and collective agenda for the Function
- Maintain and develop the Function's risk capabilities, and skills to meet ongoing business needs and plans
- Supervise all processes where a member of the Function is the identified first line process owner
- Ensure effective management of the operational risks within the Function and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations
- Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the Function's risk management processes
People and Talent
- Help coaching the junior credit managers, with an aim to nurture the next generation of senior credit managers
- Uphold and reinforce the independence of the Function from those whose primary responsibility is to maximise short-term revenues and profits
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of the Function's people
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values within the business and across the wider organisation
- Ensuring that the quality of Group Mandates, Business Credit Applications (BCAs) and other credit submissions meets Group standards, particularly with regards to the completeness and depth of risk analysis.
- Approving breaches of Local Portfolio Standards, to the extent permitted by CIB Credit Policy.
- Formulating and obtaining approval of Portfolio Standards which is supportive (from credit risk perspective) of the business strategy of various segments
- Ensuring credit related issues be timely raised to Country Credit Officer with all necessary suggestions for rectifications
- Assisting Country Credit Officer on timely submission of portfolio reviews and ensure accuracy of credit portfolio data as and when required. Ensure EAR process is adhered to and take an active part in the monthly EAR discussions. Assisting relationship managers in identification and managing up or out of accounts exhibiting signs of deterioration and assist Group Special Assets Management, where appropriate, in managing accounts to maximise recoveries and minimise losses.
- Ensure compliance to the Operational Risk framework including the effective application of risk toolkit (self-assessments, KRIs, KCSs, etc) and reporting.
- Initiate or assist stress tests as required by internal and external factors and review results and assess their implications
- Uphold the integrity of risk/return decisions, by challenging business to demonstrate that risk origination and control decisions are properly informed and consistent with strategy
- Direct appropriate response to material events or other risk issues that come to the CCO's attention
- Exercise risk control responsibility for Credit Risk, Corporate & Institutional Banking
- Ensure that material risk exposures and related issues are reported to Country Credit Officer and/or Function as appropriate
- Maintain a good understanding of the requirements of key external stakeholders in respect of risk management and ensure these are well understood internally
- Actively participate in key committees or forums (if invited)
- Ensure first line process owners understand and accept their risk management responsibilities
- Maintain an open and cooperative relationship in dealings with regulators (if applicable)
- Provide a reference point on credit systems for collating and passing on to Group Technology and Operations problems and proposed enhancements.
- Increasing working profits through effective management of the loan asset portfolio in order to help develop the franchise in a sustainable way and minimise provisions.
- Maximizing Economic Revenue through effective management of the risk/reward relationships.
- Maintaining credit quality and standards of professionalism for the risk function.
- Ensure effective implementation of Group Policies / Circulars / Procedures.
- Undertake regular customer visits to better understand the business environment
- Comply with both SCB Group AML policy/procedure and China local AML regulatory requirement.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Enter roles and responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills
Enter qualifications and skills
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.