AVP and VP Liquidity Risk
- £50,000 - £80,000
- Copenhagen, Hovedstaden, Denmark
- Permanent, Full time
- BSM Associates
- 22 Sep 16
BSM Associates are currently recruiting into the growing Liquidity Risk team of a Global Universal bank, based out of their Copenhagen office.
The bank is looking to establish a Liquidity Risk management function which is separate from the Treasury and business areas in order to provide “second line of defence” independent oversight.
The firm is searching for an AVP/junior VP to join this team. The role reports into a longstanding contact of BSM’s, a former senior Director from a Tier 1 US Investment Bank in London.
You will sit as part of a 5 man team who look after all aspects of Group Liquidity Risk, including monitoring, forecasting and advising on liquidity risk exposure.
You will have oversight across the bank’s retail and wholesale arms as well as the capital markets division which is run out of the Copenhagen office.
Key Responsibilities include
- The quantification and management of liquidity risk for the firm, through the development of liquidity stress models, liquidity limits and policies
- Enhancing the liquidity risk management framework in line with changing regulation
- Working with businesses to understand liquidity risks inherent in new projects
- Preparing and presenting analysis for senior Management and Treasury/Board Committees
This is a fantastic opportunity to take on a broad role with a global scope that will enable you to have lots of interaction with senior management across various business lines.
The role would be well suited to someone with at least 2/3 years Liquidity Risk Management experience within a bank or financial institution.
Keys to this position
- Very strong funding and liquidity experience, preferably from working within a Treasury function or equivalent at a major investment bank
- Extremely strong product knowledge, including derivatives / derivative funding & FVA, secured funding transactions, structured note issuances and prime brokerage activity
- Experience/understanding of asset-liability modelling, particularly at a trading desk or portfolio level
- Good knowledge of key regulatory liquidity metrics including the Basel III LCR and PRA EMR/ILG
- Project management experience of similar regulatory deliverables
- Ability to work independently without need for regular supervision
- Manage the Bank's Capital within Market and Regulatory constraints
- Ensure diversified and uninterrupted Funding sources across Market Cycles
- Define and maintain targeted Liquidity Structure
- Ensure continuous Liquidity
- Ensure appropriate Capital Planning (incl. share buybacks, dividends)
- Manage Treasury related Risks - such as Interest Rate-, FX- and Regulatory-Risk
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree level education at a premier institution (at least 2:1 or equivalent).
- Professional Accounting qualification, MBA, Association of Corporate Treasurers (ACT) or equivalent desirable.
- Experience in a Treasury department across Capital, Liquidity and FX.
- Good knowledge of Basel III Liquidity and Capital Principles as well as local PRA regulations.
- Good understanding of Investment Banking financial products and markets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including interaction with Senior Management.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, written and spoken.
- Able to work well in a time pressured and results orientated environment.
- Above average proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
If the role sounds broadly of interest to you, and you are interested in finding out more, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me.