Vice President of Human Resources (f/m)
at N26 GmbHBerlin, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- 02 Aug 17
We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We redesigned the banking experience to be simple, fast and contemporary. Founded in 2013 by Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal, N26 has more than 200 employees and more than 300.000 customers in 17 countries. N26 has raised more than $55 million from investors including Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Battery Ventures and Valar Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, Earlybird Venture Capital and Redalpine Ventures.
As the Vice President Human Resources, you will manage and lead our HR team, be part of the core management team and work directly with the team leads and MD team. You will also:
- Build & lead the great HR team (8-10 people)
- Have full responsibility for all aspects of Human Resources, so you are at least expert in 2 of these core areas:
- Best practice HR processes,
- Manage end to end recruiting process incl. employer and employee branding
- Shape and build culture further
- Strong KPI ownership
- People development
- Compensation & Benefits
- Help build and manage a 200+ team
- Proactively manage the growth and development of the company
- Shape and create the organization and culture
- Own succession plans & talent pipeline
- Challenge every HR process and the whole organization
- Proven, commercially-focused generalist HR experience (min. 10 years), ideally gained in fast paced high-tech/ internet companies/ consulting/ banking
- Completed Master Degree (M.A., M.Sc.) or higher at an international university and with a very good grade
- Covers the whole HR-line up with theoretical and practical experiences: recruitment, personal marketing, comp & benefits, organizational as well as personnel development.
- Absolutely analytical driven in combination with a humanistic mindset
- Fluency in English in addition to German language abilities is essential
- Ideally some HR experience gained outside of Germany
- Has been working with or been part of a strong exec team for some years
- A thorough understanding of German employment law, including the laws and practices relating to Works Councils
- Strong execution skills and far above average drive
- Strong communicator and negotiator
- Has a strong start-up and technology network
- Has built a team from 50 to 200+ employees
WHAT WE OFFER
- High degree of autonomy
- Crucial role in a highly motivated, talented team
- Your choice of a new Mac or Windows laptop
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Newly designed office in Berlin-Mitte
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Probably the best cup of coffee in the neighbourhood
Sound good? Send us your application, and we’ll get back to you soon.