Senior Project Manager (m/f) M&A
- Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- Merck KgaA
- 03 Aug 17
A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your Role: As Senior Project Manager (m/f) you will be responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing M&A projects (acquisition and sale processes, joint ventures and strategic investments). You will use your expertise to support the divisions and companies of the Merck Group at all stages of the M&A process. You will manage interdisciplinary project groups comprising experts from both the divisions and central functions and external consultants. You will develop project plans, organize project meetings and will report on the progress of these projects on a regular basis. Your tasks will include analyzing and evaluating companies and transactions according to quantitative and qualitative criteria. You will work closely with the Business Development units within the divisions. You will support Controlling in producing company valuation models (DCF models) and will back the results with other valuation approaches. You will also organize and manage due diligence processes and will summarize the results. You will conduct negotiations and will work closely with both the legal department and external legal advisors to create the relevant legal documentation, taking into account the input from all the relevant specialist departments. Last but not least, you will prepare decision papers, present these to top management and coordinate key activities following the successful completion of transactions.
Who you are:
- Degree in business administration with specialization in finance or a university degree in another subject with an additional business qualification (e.g. MBA)
- At least five years of professional experience working in M&A at a company, at a Private Equity firm, in investment banking or in relevant fields within the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or chemical industries·
- Experience in project management and ideally in an international environment
- Highly structured working style
- Analytical mindset
- Team oriented and strong communication skills
- Able to cope with pressure
- Ability to motivate teams
- Organizational skills
- Reliability and flexibility
- Willingness to travel on business
- Ability to conduct negotiations in English
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com