- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Börse AG
- 24 Sep 16
To ensure compliance with these rules, STOXX is looking for a Compliance Officer who will work with related functions of STOXX' shareholder Deutsche Börse AG and coordinate the respective activities. The Compliance Officer will also monitor new regulatory...
Deutsche Börse AG opens up international capital markets for its customers. Its product and service portfolio covers the entire process chain from securities and derivatives trading through the settlement of transactions and provision of market information to the development and operation of electronic trading systems. With its process-oriented business model, Deutsche Börse increases the efficiency of capital markets. Committed employees are the key factor for innovation and further growth: Without them Deutsche Börse Group would not have developed into one of the most modern exchange organisations in the world. More than 5,300 employees work for the Group - a dynamic, motivated and international team.
To ensure compliance with these rules, STOXX is looking for a Compliance Officer who will work with related functions of STOXX' shareholder Deutsche Börse AG and coordinate the respective activities. The Compliance Officer will also monitor new regulatory developments and help STOXX to mitigate their impact and to take advantage of related opportunities.
• Assisting STOXX' and DBAG's relevant governance bodies, especially by acting as member and secretary of STOXX' index oversight committee
• Ensuring compliance with STOXX internal policies and procedures derived from the IOSCO and EBA/ESMA principles
• Maintaining and further developing STOXX' controls framework to ensure the integrity of the benchmarks
• Coordinating periodic audits with external firms including a standardized audit for outsourcing clients
• Managing complaints under STOXX´ complaints policy
• Advising the business regarding the regulatory dimension of commercial activities
• Ensuring compliance with other regulations concerning index linked financial products (e.g. UCITS), market integrity and treatment of insider information as well as international sanctions
• Acting as an interface to the compliance department of our shareholder Deutsche Börse AG including as relevant to the application of Deutsche Börse Group compliance policies
• Train management and staff
• Applicants with professional experience
• Solid academic background, at least a master in economics or law
• Proven track-record in a comparable role, preferably in the index industry or a similar environment, involving
• The set-up and maintenance of compliance structures
• Engagement in licensing procedures and interactions with supervisory authorities
• Dealing with outsourcing requirements
• Impact assessments of new laws and regulations
• Strategic advice to management and affected units
• Contributions to the development of industry standards and best practices
• Interactions with customers and auditors
• Ability to manage internal projects related to the implementation of new regulations
• At least 7 years financial sector experience, preferably in a compliance role
• Ability to propose, implement and enforce viable solutions to achieve compliance while adequately considering business needs
• Ability to conclude projects successfully with tight deadlines and limited resources.
• Efficient and highly accurate work approach with attention to detail required
• Ability to analyze relevant developments quickly and thoroughly
• Excellent command of English and German required
Dedication, team and communication skills, flexibility as well as competent handling of MS Office applications round out your profile. There are numerous good reasons to work for us: responsibility at an early stage, attractive social benefits, an international working environment and a broad variety of career opportunities. Applications from disabled persons are welcome.