- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation
- 14 Sep 16
The Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation (GLEIF) was created on behalf of the G-20 nations to support the implementation of a global Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) to identify unique legally distinct entities that engage in financial transactions around the globe. The foundation shall contribute to and facilitate many financial stability objectives. Learn more at www.gleif.org
Finance & Business Administration
We seek an individual with the ambition, experience and skills to contribute to the continued development of a successful, high quality finance function and the willingness to grow within the team and the organization as a whole.
The Financial Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day financial accounting operations including, but not limited to, financial accounting, book keeping, reconciliations and controls, financial statement preparation and financial reporting.
- Manage/perform the monthly, quarterly and annual financial close and reporting process
- Prepare/review periodic financial statements and ensure proper accounting in compliance with IFRS, Swiss Code of Obligations (CO) and GLEIF policies
- Change component: ensure all relevant policies, processes, procedures and internal controls are developed and maintained. Financial/accounting systems change work. Change work will require hands on project and change management/execution work
- Manage and ensure compliance with relevant regulatory and tax requirements
- Manage (and perform where relevant) the day-to-day book keeping and accounting processes
- Prepare relevant scheduled and ad hoc financial analysis, including involvement in accreditation process
- Manage and prioritize your own workload. Proactively inform the Head of Finance of issues/concerns regarding financial and/or operational matters relevant to the role
- Manage and support external and internal audits
- Provide coverage for certain team members during their absence
- Potential additional responsibilities in related fields such as Treasury and Risk Management activities
Experience and competencies for success:
- University degree in Accounting/Finance; additional qualification such as CA/CPA or equivalent required
- 3+ years of experience in a similar function within a multi-national, multi-cultural corporation
- Strong accounting skills in IFRS, experience with Swiss Code of Obligations preferred
- Advanced user of the MS Office suite (Excel in particular)
- Previous experience with DATEV (for enterprises: ERP and Financial Statements) an advantage
- Organized, fast learner with high engagement and flexibility during peak working times
- It is crucial that you're a strong team player with good communication skills as you will be working with relevant stakeholders to drive change and implement new processes
- You'll be comfortable working independently in a change environment, managing your workload and adapting to changing priorities, while also meeting strict deadlines with high quality and attention to detail
- Finance change and project management experience is an advantage
- Fluent spoken and written German (mother tongue preferred) and English is required
- Additional work experience in one or more of the following areas beneficial: risk management/risk control, controlling (management reporting, budget/forecasts, financial analysis), treasury
We look forward to your application in English. Please email your resume alongside a letter of interest as PDF to Lutz Peters from PERPOS, our recruitment agency.
Compensation and benefits will be adequate to the position.
Follow us in social media