- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Aug 17
Financial Data Associate - German Speaker
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, GermanyAs a Financial Data Associate, you will provide and coordinate a comprehensive business administration service to management and rating analysts within the designated Line of Business (LOB). The successful candidate will be responsible for all administrative work related to a subset of deals which includes:
- Interpret and translate lengthy German/Austrian bond documentation into English, accurately translate various Business/Legal terms and clauses to English equivalents, liaise with clients in German to obtain appropriate documentation or resolve issues.
- Support new deal set-up, data capture (e.g., amendments), lifecycle data maintenance, data quality assurance and tracking support to the rating analysts within the designated Line of Business (LOB)
- Perform administrative tasks including but not limited: to data queue management, document request, prepare rating action, publishing ratings, and disclosures consistent with regulatory requirements, internal policies and guidelines for designated LOB support.
- Monitor designated mailboxes to ensure timely and effective handling of internal and external client requests. Organize work to meet deadlines and time sensitive requests/projects.
- Facilitate resolution to technical issues and/or more complex external inquiries with supervision by Senior Financial Data Associate/Specialist/Team Leader
- Leveraging German language skills to establish more robust relationships with clients and efficiently dealing with their queries and concerns.
- Demonstrate the ability to deal professionally with clients. Delivers high level of service across high volume of transactions.
- Promptly and efficiently escalate conflicts/problems/database/data inconsistency
- Able to identify and research issues and/or discrepancies with data and/or requests for follow up with the analyst.
- Resolve basic client inquiries (both internal and external clients)
- Demonstrate increasing awareness of procedures, guidelines and regulatory requirements as it pertains to their job function by asking relevant questions.
- Liaison with Rating Teams and other Moody's departments (Commercial, Information Technology, etc.) as required
- Provide back-up coverage for designated associate in the event of absence and holidays to ensure seamless service to GMO clients
- Willing to accept new challenges
- Demonstrate flexibility with last minute changes in commitments and deadlines
- Contribute positively to the team even under pressure or when performing routine and/or administrative tasks.
- Place interests of the team above individual self-interest
The Global Middle Office (GMO) provides transaction management support, workflow coordination, rating desk services and other broad operational support to Moody's Investors Service Rating teams. The department works closely with the lines of business to improve both business process and data quality across the rating lifecycle. The GMO has over 100 employees in 5 countries and is a key player in business process development, new company wide initiatives and technology projects.
- Some work experience and/or relevant internship experience
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (E.g. Bachelor's degree)
- Fluency in English and Advanced qualification in Business German is essential along with prior experience reviewing German financial documentation.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to complete repetitive process with no error
- Clear written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate complex business concepts to a senior audience.
- Highly organized and efficient
- Competency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and Powerpoint.)
- A strong client focused orientation with the drive and enthusiasm required to achieve results and assume customer satisfaction.
- Strong interpersonal skills
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available atwww.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.