- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Sep 17
Senior Analyst CFG – VPSA / VPSCO (Investment Grade & High Yield Focus)
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, GermanyThe Role / Responsibilities:
We are looking to fill a vacancy at Senior Analyst and Senior Credit Officer level, to manage a portfolio of high profile corporate High Yield bonds and investment grade issuers based in Europe, Middle East and Africa. The ideal candidate will be a recognized subject matter expert in this area.
This is a challenging high profile role to be responsible for providing insightful credit analysis, ensuring ratings accuracy and responding to investor inquiries. This opportunity involves developing an in-depth knowledge of the assigned companies and sectors and writing thought-leading research. As part of the rating process you will manage effective interaction with investors and issuers alike.
You will also be expected to participate in conferences and play a pivotal role in raising the profile of the team.
- Perform and present at committees in-depth fundamental credit analysis effectively and comprehensively on a regular basis on issuers in a portfolio of corporate entities
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the assigned sector and take thought leadership initiatives to enhance our analytics and high quality research impact
- Build and maintain high quality relationships with Senior Management at some of the world's largest institutions
- Write in-depth, high quality, insightful and focused research on credit trends, including annual credit reports, periodic credit opinion reports, special comments and short articles on current topics
- Develop Moody's franchise through intermediary marketing and visibility initiatives (e.g. investor one on one discussions, conference participation)
- Coach and develop support associates
- Adhere to applicable codes of conduct, policies, procedures, regulations and best practices
Corporate Finance Group - Frankfurt
- Substantial credit/risk assessment experience including strong financial analysis experience, cash flow analysis and cash flow based lending techniques gained from a financial institution or audit firm
- Strong knowledge and experience of corporate investment grade and high yield debt markets and an understanding of the key issues affecting these markets/the main players and key industry drivers
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing with some public speaking experience
- Strong understanding of loan/bond and other associated documentation, and experience of reviewing such
- Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills
- Strong academic background at least equivalent to MSc in relevant areas
- CIMA /ACCA/CFA professional qualification would be highly beneficial
- Highly organised and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
- Fluency in English and German is essential
- Willingness to travel across the EMEA region
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.