AML Manager, Chinese Bank, HKD50-90k
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Half Hong Kong
- 15 Sep 16
Working with a well-established Chinese organization, this is an AVP/VP level role, establishing AML policies, procedures and guidelines and liaising with regulators.
A 1st tier Bank, with a presence in corporate and investment banking, commercial banking, retail banking, and private banking. They are looking to expand their AML team within Hong Kong, covering AML policies and procedures, monitoring, product approval, internal control frameworks and STR, while also ensuring all related processes are in accordance to HKMA and SFC guidelines.
- Assist and support Chief of Legal and Compliance in overseeing ML/TF risk of the Bank
- Design, establish and implement a comprehensive AML/CFT framework, policies and systems to manage relevant risks to the Bank
- Proactively identify AML risk or regulations change and highlight potential business impacts
- Act as MLRO and lead a team to provide AML / CFT related functions (e.g. AML advisory, STR investigation & reporting, etc)
- Identify, investigate and report suspicious transactions to JFIU
- Provide advisory on AML / CFT to the business and participate in enhance due diligence and transaction due diligence approval process
- Develop and deliver AML training program to all Bank's staffs
- Participate in new product and service processes to ensure AML risks are appropriately considered
- Co-ordinate with other Departments on special projects
- Liaise with regulators (e.g. HKMA) on any issues related to money laundering
- Degree holder in Business Administration, Risk Management, Law or related disciplines
- Minimum 10 years of banking experience; with not less than 5 years at management level
- Well versed with Hong Kong regulatory regime and familiar with banking operations
- Experienced in dealing with regulators
- Demonstrated leadership and independence
- Responsible and excellent management reporting skills
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.