Application Development Manager, Java / .net, perm
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Half Hong Kong
- 22 Dec 16
This dynamic and fast-paced client-facing role involves managing the software and database development cycle for customisations, regulatory compliance, business rules and formats and project plans.
Ready to take the next step in your career as an Application Deveoplment Manager? If so, we'd like to hear from you. Our client needs your skills to direct and manage the activities of a team of developers involved in the design, development, deployment, and support of core IT systems. If you are passionate about being the "go to" person, leading the development team and providing strategic direction, this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
This dynamic and fast-paced client-facing role involves managing the software and database development cycle for customisations, regulatory compliance, business rules and formats and project plans. Responsibilities include directing and managing a continuous improvement program to improve quality, consistency, and client satisfaction. You will ensure compliance with the established software development methodology Software Development Life Cycle (SLDC), and develop and submit staffing, operations and capital budgets aligned with organisational goals. Your outstanding technical flair will shine as you conduct application code and SQL reviews to ensure compliance with standard application development methodologies, and establish technology project plans for updates, upgrades and application implementation. Tap into your creative flair as you design and implement multiple client-side web applications, which integrate into enterprise software architecture.
Your Skills & Experience
- Degree in IT, Computer Science or related field.
- Impressive experience producing web-based applications.
- Extensive experience working with application code and SQL.
- Experience in leading SLA performance in a 24x7 support cycle.
- Strong understanding of Oracle, Java, .NET etc.
- Outstanding experience interacting with software, hardware, quality, marketing and other departments.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Brilliant communication skills to convey complex ideas both verbally and in writing to a wide range of business partners.
You always have a clear understanding of the big picture and customer/internal requirements. You're a quick thinker, able to move rapidly between varied engineering tasks, and your creative ability lets you offer innovative client-centred solutions. You have outstanding interpersonal skills and you excel in client-facing situations.
What's on offer?
- A fast-paced, flexible work culture with a highly respected, growth-focused company.
- A brilliant role combining technical challenges and the scope to demonstrate your personal flair for innovation.
- A highly talented and motivated team.
- Exciting opportunities to broaden your skill set and take your career higher.
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.