Credit Structuring Officer (RefCSO/ALI250816)
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Charterhouse Partnership Hong Kong , EA Licence No: 13C6338
- 20 Sep 16
• Credit officer • Private bank • Client relationship
Business Function – Credit Structuring and Analysis, Asia
Level – Director/ VP/ Associate
Reporting Line – Head of Credit Structuring and Analysis, Hong Kong
Purpose of the Role
- To support the growth of credit business across the Bank to enable achievement of the Bank’s overall Credit income and volume targets in a risk conscious and balanced way.
- Own and deliver renewal and increase/new business credit applications across the North Asia business and support the Private Bankers with their credit needs.
- Pro-active identification and implementation of new opportunities for increasing the sales of the Bank's cred it products to both new and existing clients.
- To act as a role model for credit both internally and externally, creating and nurturing a network of contacts to the benefit of the Bank.
- Identification and participation in credit product development and enhancement.
- To liaise with key internal and external stakeholders and contacts to influence and develop the bank's relationship with them in order to facilitate credit business growth
- To establish and maintain a sound understanding of market and competitor knowledge in terms of credit policies and products.
- To develop and maintain close relationships with the respective Credit Admin and Control teams in Asia and across the group.
- To meet with clients and Private Bankers to discuss Credit requirements.
- Active support of the remainder of the Asia Credit Structuring and Analysis team and where necessary, support of documentation preparation and delivery.
- Pro-actively support Private Bankers in the provision of credit products to clients by identifying opportunities for credit sales, to achieve the Banks overall credit income and volume targets and build a quality credit book.
- To deliver creative and innovative credit solutions to satisfy clients' requirements, promoting new and existing cred it products.
- Ongoing liaison with t he front line to identify and develop new credit product initiatives in line with the Bank's client propositions/specific needs.
- To promote the sale of credit and credit initiatives through regular Business Briefings and presentations to the Bank's heads of Private Banking/Team Leaders/Private Bankers and Senior Management.
- To ensure the adoption of best practice by the ongoing sharing of ideas at regular meetings of the Credit Structuring and Analysis team.
- Provide advice and guidance on credit policy matters and procedures.
- Maintain and develop knowledge of products and services, policies and procedures.
- Provide technical input into development, scoping and implementation of new credit products.
- Maintain and develop knowledge of local regulatory policies and guidelines.
- Maintain close and productive working relationships with stakeholders across the Group.
Other Technical Skills, Knowledge or Experience
- Analytical, judgmental, strategic skills and technical knowledge of the highest order.
- Ability to enjoy sound working relationships with Banker Teams, Credit Administration and Control and appropriate stakeholders across the Group.
- Previous lending experience in a Private Banking credit related role.
- Relationship management experience is beneficial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maturity and relationship skills of the highest order.
- Experience in developing and maintaining relationships with credit function and Banker communities locally, regionally and at Group level within a large organization
- Deep knowledge of the Lombard lending environment with a specific focus on North Asia markets
- Knowledge of derivatives and the risks arising from derivative activities
- Knowledge of the property market in Hong Kong and an ability to assess and structure property financing transactions.
- Knowledge of Universal Life financing
- Experience in developing bespoke facility documentation, in particular relating to the tailoring of documentation to specific client requirements.
If you are interested in finding out more about this career opportunity, please email your resume to Angela LI, angelal@ charterhouse.com.hk Tel: (852) 3151 1320 Web: www.charterhouse.com.hk
Charterhouse Partnership Hong Kong is here to assist you in your job search. Our experienced recruitment consultants will provide you career advise and assist you in develop a tailored job search strategy