Delivery Manager for Asia Trading Risk Control Systems
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 16 Jan 17
See job description for details
Candidate at VP level will be considered for this critical position to join our Trading Risk Controls (TRC) team.
This group builds Limits and other Risk Management controls for all front office Trading Systems across Equity and Fixed Income business units. These are integrated within Morgan Stanley's distributed trading systems infrastructure and require a lot of focus on stability, accuracy and keeping the latency down to minimal.
This role is both technical and business facing, with direct input from the users/Risk Managers from all business divisions and multiple technology teams to build and extend the GLM platform to the trading environment, this role will particularly work with Morgan Stanley's Electronic Trading (MSET) business unit to design technology solutions for the foreseeable demands on regulatory and risk controls.
The candidate will
- Interact directly, and build strong relationships with business users to understand requirements and priorities of demands
- Make decisions on infrastructural design and choice of technology for solutions implementation.
- Work across IT and Business teams to analyse requirements, implement the solution and co-ordinate deployment, i.e. to own the projects from inception to rollout.
- Lead regional team members in Shanghai and India, as well as working closely with the teams in London and New York.
- Provide ideas on how technology solutions in the risk control space can be renovated to keep up with regulatory demands
- Gain a good understanding of the Morgan Stanley business to facilitate communication with business users.
10 years work experience (preferably in the finance IT industry)
-- Strong UNIX/Linux skill
-- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
-- Knowledge of Front Office Trading workflow (preferably Equity trading)
-- Proven ability to multitask and deliver multiple projects
-- Ability to effectively coordinate projects among multiple teams to achieve end delivery
-- Good sense of ownership and determination to influence on changes
-- Scripting (Python, Shell, Perl, etc.)
-- FIX Protocol