Developer - C#
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 24 Feb 17
See job description for details
This is a developer role in the Listed Sales and Trading team (LST).
LST is responsible for the development of equity sales and trading applications for listed products. LST systems capture order instructions from clients electronically and via phone, route those orders to execution venues and manage the full status of all orders in real time. LST systems are complex, enterprise solutions with demanding requirements for reliability, scalability, availability and throughput. Each system comprises multiple components developed in technologies including C++, C#, KDB, Python, and running on both windows and unix platforms. The team is a virtual global team numbering nearly 200 members globally. Team members will contribute to the full software development life-cycle including requirements analysis, design, and implementation and testing and support (third-line).
The ideal candidate would have an excellent grasp of the C# language, with particular emphasis on coding desktop applications using WPF. Developers with experience primarily on ASP.NET or web platforms will be strongly disadvantaged. Strong knowledge of basic computer science principles such as multi-threading, data structures and algorithms, and demonstrated ability to solve complex software engineering problems in a global setting are essential.
Our team is a global team and interactions with developers across Asia (as well as Europe and the US) occur frequently, often daily. For this reason, strong English communication skills are a must.*L1-KW1
- Good communication skills in English (both oral and written)
- Excellent C# developer skills
- Strong WPF experience
- Structured programming skills including systems analysis, development, design and testing
- Technology-related degree or strong industry experience
- Able to handle pressure and think on your feet.
- The desire to learn!
Advantageous but not essential:
- Good understanding of multi-threading
- UNIX / Linux skills
- KDB and/or C++.
- XML/Soap/JSON experience
- Scripting (Perl, Shell, python, etc.)
- Database (SQL, DB design, etc.)
- Experience working with enterprise-scale distributed systems