Equity Derivatives Lawyer
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse Asia
- 28 Sep 16
Equity Derivatives Lawyer
Credit Suisse Company Overview Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking and asset management capabilities. Founded in 1856, Credit Suisse has expanded to be a global force employing over 45,000 people in 50 countries. With new leadership, a new strategy and a streamlined global organization, we are set for growth. We partner across businesses, divisions and regions to create innovative solutions to meet the needs of our clients-and to help our employees grow. It is a high priority for us to continually invest in our employees by providing ongoing opportunities for training, networking and mobility. Join us and let's shape the future of Credit Suisse together.
Equities' legal is seeking a full time legal employee responsible for legal support to the APAC Equities' business covering structured products and derivatives issuances in the APAC region. The successful candidate will provide support within the existing Equities Legal team and be required to liaise with the equity derivatives business units in APAC, together with other internal functions (such as risk, compliance, treasury, disclosure team, counterparts in EMEA and US) in assessing and mitigating legal, regulatory and documentation risks.
- Maintaining structured products programme platform, including annual update of programme documentation, reviewing issuer disclosure and product risk factor disclosures and reviewing disclosure consistency across different programme documents
- Advising on sale and distribution of structured products through electronic trading platform including regulatory, licensing and cross-border issues (with a focus on Hong Kong and Singapore law perspective)
- Reviewing and negotiating master distribution agreements and advising on issuance of private placement equity-linked notes and distribution with private banks in Hong Kong, Singapore, PRC, Taiwan, and Australia, and related legal and regulatory issues
- Maintaining template Term Sheet and Pricing Supplement and liaising with sales desk and Middle Office
- Liaising with external counsel and regulators within the APAC region;
- Drafting and reviewing transaction documents for notes issuance e.g. term sheet, final terms, marketing materials, disclaimer, risk disclosures for various type of equity-linked products in English and Chinese; and
- Advising on ETF-related matters
- 3-5 years relevant experience working in the structured products space within a leading law firm or a leading investment bank
- Risk analysis skills and judgment, legal and regulatory knowledge, interpersonal skills and transaction execution skills
- Ability to identify, assess and summarize legal and regulatory risk
- Confident team-player, a creative and strategic thinker with the ability to influence, build trusted relationships with clients and team members, deal constructively with conflict, act decisively and independently in situations requiring quick analysis and adapt to fast-paced environment involving multiple and simultaneous issues and transactions
- Ability to read, write and speak Chinese (Mandarin) will be desirable but not essential as this role will deal primarily with our business in China
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.