Global Exchange Asia Pacific Chief Administrative and Operating Officer, Assistant Vice President
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- State Street
- 24 Sep 16
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success. Our promise to
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
The Global Exchange Asia Pacific Chief Administrative and Operating Officer, Assistant Vice President is responsible for enabling rapid business growth of State Street Global Exchange in Asia Pacific through risk excellence; monitoring and understanding of regulatory and policy developments; and GX APAC first line of defense program management. The role will report directly to the APAC Head of Global Exchange.
- Work with business teams and corporate functions (enterprise risk management, compliance and legal in particular) to facilitate business expansion and introduction of new products into APAC jurisdictions.
- Understand the fragmented APAC regulatory environment and advise regional head of GX on matters related to both regulatory posture and internal State Street controls - particularly their impact on current and future GX business structure within APAC.
- Work with business teams and corporate functions (enterprise risk management, compliance and legal in particular) to facilitate legal GX entity governance within APAC jurisdictions.
- Work with GX business teams to prepare and integrate risk excellence into client service activities and business development processes at both regional and individual business unit levels.
- Work with the GX divisional CAO to understand and leverage all global risk excellence processes and controls applicable to the APAC region.
- Work with the APAC first line of defense office to understand and leverage any additional risk excellence processes and controls required in individual APAC jurisdictions.
- Help business teams document processes, identify risks, and plan risk mitigation.
- Help business teams stand up first line of defense risk excellence. Enable compliance activities such as regional and business unit level first line of defense, controls testing, self-audit, self-identification, and reporting activities.
- Provide oversight to business unit first line of defense activities and create/implement a measurement system.
- Program management and leadership for all risk excellence projects and initiatives.
- Keep management informed of issues and provide regular reporting to GX senior management and corporate functions.
- Promote a culture of risk excellence within Global Exchange through preparing training materials, delivering training, presentations and on-going risk excellence communications.
- Lead and participate in committees and special projects as needed.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Advanced degree in law or business administration strongly preferred.
- 5 – 7 years of relevant experience. Exposure to financial services regulators, risk management or audit preferred.
- Ability to develop business relationships, influence and build consensus.
- Professional savvy and change management skills to help the region through a cultural change.
- Program and project management capability.
- Proven interpersonal, written, presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving, decision-making, process/systems thinking and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively operate in a complex multi-national and heavily matrixed business environment. Ability to work independently and adapt quickly to handling multiple/evolving tasks.
- Capable of producing high quality and/or final work product and solutions under strict regulatory or management deadlines.
- Strong MS Office skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint.